24

Back in the U.S, Liz and the countless men that work for her walk me into the warehouse where Haru and Suzue is being held as per Liz's words. We make our way into an empty room and wait there until Onisha walks in. His evil smile plastered over his face made me want to vomit.

Onisha walks over to Liz and kisses her cheek. "Ah. My darling. Thank you for bringing (y/n)." He said. Liz smiled, placing her hands on her hips. "Of course father. I was just explaining to her how she doesn't have the full story of her parents." She said. Onisha grinned and walked towards me. "Ah yes. Your parents really made a mess of things for me."

"You both make no sense. What could my parents have done that was so bad?" I said, watching them both with confusion. Onisha chuckled to himself and waved his hand at his men who started leaving the room. I was left with Onisha and Liz now. Liza rolled her eyes and inches closer to me, annoyance plastering her face.

"Don't act so innocent. There's no way you are this oblivious." She said, grinning evilly. I looked over at Onisha and shrugged my shoulders. "You realize my parents both worked two jobs just to give our family a good life? I'm not convinced that they would mix themselves with the likes of you."

Liz frowned at my statement, causing her anger to take over. She quickly pulls out a gun and aims in at my head. "The likes of us were robbed by your worthless excuse of parents. My father was kind to them and they backstabbed us." She said. I stand still, staring at the gun directed towards me. My mind was spinning from all the information and I tried to think back when I was home with my parents. When I left to become a spy, they encouraged me and practically pushed me to go. Was this the reason? Were they in trouble so bad that they wanted me to leave? "What did they even steal from you?" I said.

Onisha places a hand on Liz's shoulder, giving it a soft squeeze. She looks over at him and lowers the gun. Onisha looks back over at me. "Your parents stole a very important...deal of mine. I'm sure you have heard of the Kambe's and their technology. Let's just say we had a very important deal set and your parents ruined it." He said.

My eyes grew wide. How could they have been involved with this? Why would they ruin the deal..? Liz furrows her brows and turns her back towards me. "We aren't the type of people to be crossed...and then you come swooping in and throw yourself onto Daisuke. Your family just don't know how to leave things alone."

Onisha snaps his fingers and two men walk back in and walk over to me, grabbing me. "Please tie her up and leave her in here. Make sure you stay here. She is the top secret agent after all. We just need to wait till Daisuke comes to save everyone." He said, walking away. Liz calls out to him, causing him to stop and turn toward her.

"Do you mind if I have a little fun with her?" She asked kindly. Her father smirked and nodded his head. "Just don't kill her...yet." Liz smiled and walked over to me as the two guards tied me up. I didn't fight it as I wasn't sure of how to escape and save the others yet. I also knew Daisuke would come which was their plan all along.

"Now now. Your little boyfriend will be here soon, but I'm going to have a bit of fun beforehand." She said, pulling a knife out of her pocket. The guards tie me down and step off to the side. Liz drags the tip of the knife over my thigh and gently pokes at it. "So (y/n)...tell me how you got Daisuke to fall for you." She said, slicing my thigh. I wince from the sudden pain and look down as the blood drips down onto the chair.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I snapped. Liz huffs in annoyance, slicing my left cheek with the knife. "You managed to weasel your way into his heart and make him change his mind about our deal. He was supposed to be mine!" She yelled. She sliced more parts of my body, but seeing as I didn't react as she wanted, she stopped.

I kept my mouth shut and let her continue to speak. "We were supposed to merge our families. Daisuke was going to marry me after we captured you. Everything was going perfect until he caught feelings for you. Now....your it going to break his heart so he will marry me and maybe I can spare your life." She said.

I look down at the ground as blood pools beneath me, but it wasn't as much as it could have been. I shake my head and chuckle. "So everything about you was fake? You being my friend? Your feelings for Jeremy? Everything..." I said. I notice out the corner of my eye that her eyes widen a bit the moment I mention Jeremy. I lift my head and watch her expression turn from anger to sadness.

Liz looks over at the guards and waves her hand at them. They nod and leave the room so that it's only the two of us. She turns back towards me and frowns. "Don't mention his name here..." she muttered. I leaned back into the chair and took a deep breath. "He's always liked you." I said.

Liz placed the knife against my neck and pressed it in, staring directly into my eyes. "You better stop talking (y/n)." Liz pulls the knife away and her eyes fall to the ground. "I have to do what is needed for my family. I won't let you convince me otherwise." She said.

Her presence changed and she looked somewhat...scared? I wondered if her father knew of Jeremy and if her feelings for him were actually real?