𝔇𝔢𝔞𝔩𝔰

"It's quite good, right? Though I've never seen these candies back in the near shore even though my father often gifted me with sweets.
How strange. Oh, and It's lemon flavoured."
She smiles as Kou pulls on either side of the wrapper firmly.

Kou:"Ano ne-"

"Hmm?"

Kou:"Is it okay for you to be here even though you had a high fever earlier?"
He asks worriedly.

"Well...it's fine. I'm a lot cooler than I was a couple hours ago. Besides, I'm used to it...sort of."

Kou:"I see.
He replies, one cheek now larger than the other one.

"Delicious right? They're about the only thing I could kinda enjoy here."

He nods.

"Thank goodness. Then next time I'll try sneak strawberry, or melon or-"

Kou:"I appreciate it but, there's more questions I want to ask you."

"Eh? Is it really that serious?"
She questions as his face turns more earnest.
"Then, as you please."

Kou:"That apparition you're always with-"

"Mm. What about him?"

Kou:"Does he always make you take off your clothes like that."

She hesitates for a moment and becomes a bit meek.

"It's necessary so he could...extract my mana."

Kou:"That bastar-"

"But he's not always that strict-sometimes. Sometimes he's a lot nicer than other times. Well except, I'm not sure what he'd do to me if he found out I'm sneaking out. I've been threatened with corporal punishments in the past before."

Kou:"But if you say that, he's definitely what I'd call one. I remember last time the amount of pain he put you in for his own gain. How selfish."

"Ah that-"

Kou:"Even though he backed down at our fight, I still don't think he should have put you in that situation in the first place. You shouldn't stick up for him."

"Mm. And I did get scolded afterwards."

Kou:"See?"

"But, he eased some of my pain. I was dubious at first however-"
She sighs.
"He said it wouldn't be the first time we kissed."

The exorcist blinks in shock.

"Course, I did tell him it wasn't the same!"
She retorts enthusiastically.
"After all, I was trying to do CPR but resultantly, I got kidnapped..."
Her voice dwindles as her face turns somber.
"It's stupid, isn't it?

Kou:"Yashiro san..."

"Minamoto kun, you don't have to look so depressed about it though. I'm positive you have your own worries."
Her eyes become focused on her hands that he's clasping together through the tiny window before she looks back up at him.

"Minamoto... kun?"

Kou:"Nii chan will come and save me, us. I'll get you out of here too. It'll be difficult but, I'll still try."

"Me? Even though I'm going to die soon? Is there any point?"
She asks sullenly.

Kou:"There must be some sort of doctor that could cure you. Being here isn't helping your health at all from what I'm hearing and I don't want him extracting your mana ever again. I can't stop it straight away however, someday..."

"Minamoto kun, you really think I could live?"

Kou:"I-"

"Oh. I have to go."
Shaking her head, she takes her hands back and hops off that half-broken bucket she uses for height. But she does turn her head to see him peeping over and she shoots a small wave before pulling on that square outlet so it opens, and crawling back inside which leads to the hallways.