𝔗𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔱𝔬𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔯𝔬𝔴

Ack this chapter is shorter than usual I think. Some of my angst has fleeted to "Her Obsession." Right now I'm deciding when to release chapter "O" because it's complete and the events are unexpected.
Anyway, here is your next chapter of "My Girl."
I wonder how you will feel having some things revealed.
...

Stretching, she opens her eyes slowly and again, Hanako is sitting by her side reading a book of some sort.

"Tsukasa kun?"

Hanako:"Yashiro, must you confuse me with my brother? And for what reason?"
He asks calmly though, he appears somewhat irritated.

"Why would you stay here again?"
She mutters, sitting up and rubbing her head.

Hanako:"Worry. Besides, I needed to tell you that you're nearing your death. Please be prepared."

"Eh?"
She looks down at her hands, her face saddening.
"What do you mean? How do you...?"

Hanako:"I predict it'd arrive in less than 2 months so I thought you should be aware. Those on the near shore have already been considering pronouncing you as such. Your family is-"

He stops as he sees her frowning, her eyes full of melancholy.

Hanako:"No.8. I apologise-I forgot that humans are sensitive to those sort of topics."

"So you're saying that...mama and papa think I'm dead?"

Hanako:"Yes. More specifically, they think you were taken for ransom and murdered because they were too slow to realise."

"I see."
She smiles halfheartedly.
"Mama and Papa, huh? They're starting to give up now...it makes sense. After all, 6 months is..."

Hanako:"No.8."

"First I lose Saigai sama and now it's like I'm losing them too, Aoi chan even."
She begins to sniffle, water trickling down her face. "Ahah. I bet it's nearing Autumn now. Autumn...I really liked how the leaves would change colour."

Hanako:"Do you wish for comfort?"

"I do not. You do not need to hold back for me as if you care for me to stop crying. Please do not force it-it makes me feel no better."

With his face turning pink, she flinches as he begins rubbing her face with his thumb.

Hanako:"Indeed I find you a beauty especially when you're crying however, I wish for you to smile too."

"It hurts a lot that I cannot change my fate."

Hanako:"Currently you're supposed to perish of this illness of yours. The fate of you dying this way cannot be changed."
He caresses her face.
"All you can do is accept it."

"I...but I don't want to do that. I wanna see Mama and Papa and Aoi chan properly.I don't even know how or what they're doing. It kills me faster not knowing."

Hanako:"If you must know, this Aoi of yours has more or less moved on, Yashiro."

"No way...but-"

Hanako:"And your parents will allow this case to come to an end even though they're quite hesitant."

"So I'm just going to be forgotten about!? Is that what you're saying!?"

Hanako:"Forgotten?"

"No. No. No. I don't want that. I want them to keep trying to find me!"

Hanako:"Yashiro-"

"It's your fault. It's all your fault, Hanako. You don't even try to understand."

Hanako:"It would have happened either way."

"Liar."

Hanako:"Listen to me."
Catching hold of her fists that pound at his chest weakly, his face softens as she grits her teeth.

"Unhand me."

Hanako:"The girl would have long abandoned you."

"Aoi chan isn't like that."

Hanako:"Indeed she was not like that however, falling a victim to bullying because you interacted with her did play a part."

"...What?"

Hanako:"Aoi is glad you're gone."

Her fists weaken.

Hanako:"Indeed she felt disgusted to be celebrating but, it's the truth, Yashiro. I will not shower you with lies to give you short-lived and synthetic satisfaction."

"No it isn't true ...every one in the gardening club, they all-"
With her lips trembling, she continues.
"Welcomed me and..."

Hanako:"If you were on the near shore, you would have been long abandoned by the people you are now speaking of."

"But..."

Hanako:"I made no difference in what your peers felt. As for your parents, they would have sent you abroad for treatments, that would have been ineffective anyway, upon seeing that your attacks have become more consistent. You'd have perished in whatever hospital they would have admitted you to."

"Why?"
She whimpers.
"Why does no one want to stay with me?"
Maybe Minamoto kun wants to leave me too.

Hanako:"Yashiro-"

"Am I that revolting?"

Hanako:"You're far from that description."

"I have never f-flaunted my parents wealth and I do not mean to talk like I do. I was not trying to make anyone feel inferior!"
She cries, holding her face.

"I was not trying to receive more attention because of my illness-it's always been the opposite! Yet everyone, everyone thinks otherwise."

Hanako:"I know you do not."

"And I hurt Aoi chan because I wanted friends. I should have never been so selfish. I should have known to stay on my own. Even Saigai sama was destroyed because I was in his presence. I bring nothing but corruption."

Hanako:"That is not at all true. It is comprehendible to have wanted someone, No.8."

"But I should have known that I was not allowed to. Nobody stays by my side."

Hanako:"Then I will stay by your side."
Putting his forehead on hers, he manages a smile.
"Whether you despise me or not."

"Eh?"

Hanako:"It would be unacceptable for your superior to leave you anyway. I shall be your friend: I shall be your someone."

"But... I bring trouble, do I not?"

Hanako:"Perhaps, but that does not matter."

"And if I end up hurting you?"

Hanako:"I'll take it."

"Really?"

Hanako:"Of course."