ℌ𝔦𝔡𝔡𝔢𝔫 𝔰𝔦𝔡𝔢𝔰

Announcement!
Please check out my new jshk book I started called "Her obsession"
Unlike my usuals, it's lighthearted
(It's a Tsundere Amane x a Yandere Yashiro)
It's comedic and a romance <3
Anyway that's all <3

"Hanako kun."
She says with a slight voice crack and he looks up from whatever he's reading, her fiddling with the small silver dessert spoons that are layered out in little rows on the dining table.

Hanako:"What's wrong? Toilet?"

"No."
She responds bluntly.
Tch acting like I'm a preschooler or something.

She shouldn't let her anger jump out now, not when she's about to ask something quite juvenile and she wants this plan to go into action.

"Have you ever liked someone before?"

Hanako:"Hah?"

"Like a girl you thought was cute or something in the past."
Her voice dwindles a bit.

Hanako:"I never concentrated on stupid things like that."
He sniggers, gesturing for her to remove the cover from her tray and so she does, a shortcake with strawberries and cream are revealed.
She prods at it nervously, trying to decipher how that could possibly be true.

"Uh um."
She clears her throat, and he looks up again, once again from what he's reading.

Hanako:"What? Constipated? Is that why you won't eat?"

"Course not."
She retorts, clearly unamused.

Hanako:"Just kidding. What is it then? You're dragging it out more than needed."

"What about now? I mean Nanamine san is pretty, don't you find?"
Ack this isn't the right way to go but, my plan won't work if he's not interested in this sort of thing in the first place.

Hanako:"She's a beauty but what of it?"

"Mei san?"
She asks a bit more chirpily, taking a small bite out of her dessert.
She wasn't particularly enjoying it but for the sake of seeming interested, she adhered and took the offer.

Hanako:"Miss Honourable no.8."

"Hm?"

Hanako:"What are you getting at?"

"Getting at? I was just asking."
She says sheepishly, her hands held in front of her as he leans over and brushes the crumbs away from the corner of her mouth.

Hanako:"What is it? Do you like one of my colleagues or something?"

"It's nothing like that, it's just-"

She halts once she blinks and his face is right in front of hers, his eyes wide and black like two crevasses.

"Eh?"

Hanako:"You-"
He pinches her chin, and makes it so that she faces him.

Hanako:"Better not be plotting anything."

She gulps, her eyes avert and she fiddles with her hands again, her heart pounding like crazy-a cheetah going for its kill.

"You always assume I am. Can't I ask normal questions?"
She moves her chin away from his grip only for it to be grasped again and turned to him.