𝔈𝔪𝔬𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰 𝔰𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔞𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔰𝔢

"Just a little more."
She arches her brows with concentration, twisting the hairpin left and right in search for a click, a ping-something. Maybe this decision is just as on balance with the term 'playing with fire' however, she was determined. With a few more fails, picking and prods, it unlocks: she reaches her hand out as if it'd simply pass through amazed that it actually worked. So it's not just in movies that it happens then?
The iron gate squeaks a little when she opens it and she almost trips on that long nightwear of hers but at least, she's out.
Hesitantly, she brushes her hand on the door handle as if she's reconsidering, prior to pushing it down and then pulling it-a large, familiar, empty and fairly dark hallway greeting her. In all honesty, it's far-fetched to think she could find where he's being held captive that easily but that wasn't going to stop her from attempting. She slips the door shut again, walking barefoot a few centimetres before stopping and taking a deep breath to recollect herself.
What she needed was bravery and to be completely prepared for what this could result in (good or bad.)
What she is aware of is that apparitions don't require sleep and that there are 6 people she could easily bump into on this search.
She could get is severely punished.
Would it be better to bump into Hanako or someone else?
He'd probably scold her, ground her and or make her restrictions tighter than they were because she broke the little 'trust' they shared.

She carries on anyway, ignoring the thought of what consequences this could lead to and then, comes to another opening she's familiar with.

It's Hanako's office, and with the amount of light and noise coming from it, it's clear it's busy in there.
It's confirmed when she hears voices much clearer than before: mature voices like a certain emerald-eyed girl or a girl with braided hair and spectacles or a childish voice whining for that confiscated pendant again.
Peeping, she swiftly tiptoes past, ensuring they don't grasp a chance to catch sight of her and with that, she decides it's best to fasten her pace.
...
There hasn't been a time she's descended this far but It doesn't feel that rewarding because the corridor appears no different from what she saw less than a couple metres ago.

"I still can't see the end, not even a light."
She sighs.

"Unless..."
Crouching down, she finds what appears to be an outlet and applies a small amount of pressure to it. It's just one of the few that she's seen on this journey of hers but didn't think it was worth paying much heed to but now she was starting to wonder if it was something more.

And it is.

"Outside!?"
She covers her mouth as if there's anyone near enough to scold her and crawls through, making sure to close it back up afterwards.

It leads to a garden: a very beautiful one at that though the air doesn't seem the same. It's because this isn't the near shore-she'd almost forgotten.

There's no breeze and the air feels fairly suffocating.

Her feet are blanketed in mud and her hair has formed thin little wisps that land atop her forehead from running and sneaking around but, she's glad because at least she's found it: a small shack similar to a barn house with a tiny window for light to enter.

Standing on a bucket she peeks through and the boy she was searching for is sitting amongst the hay with face full of coarseness.

"Minamoto-"

But before she could finish, she's grabbed by the neck of her dress through the tiny gap in the window, not his other because it's clearly restrained.