Chapter seven

----------------------------

A week has gone by, since that night.

I mostly stay in my room, and the only human interaction I have, is when Maria brings me food and water.

Luckily she talks to me, so I don't get too lonely.

Maria lives here at the house, she has two sons, one in collage and one that her ex husband has full custody of. She told me she did some bad things growing up and that caused the judge to favor her ex husband over her in court. She gets to see her sons once a month. She used to be nurse, but then when she decided to retire she came here instead, because the pay was good. She likes going to the beach on her days off.

Maria says Angelo rarely ever stops working, and if he does, its to eat, sleep, or work out.

Angelo has avoided me, as much as he possibly can, and when he isn't purposely trying to stay away from me, he's working.

I bumped into him, when I was coming out of the bathroom yesterday and he told me to watch where I'm going. He wasn't nice about it either.

Feeling bored, after a long day of watching cartoons and sleeping, I make my way into the center of the house, where the living room is. Maybe i'll see if Maria is here.

I hear men laughing, and loud voices, when I come into the living room. At least ten men dressed in casual attire, sit around the coach, each with either a beer in their hands, or a cigarette.

The table is set with poker chips and cards, the middle holds cocaine, money, guns, expensive cigars, and weed.

Angelo sits at the coach, back facing me. He hands out cards to the men laughing at a joke, that was said before I came into the room.

I decide I don't want to go in, because that many men in the same room make me nervous, especially mafia men.

"Hey, look who came out of her cave." I hear one of the men shout at me from across the room. When I turn around, Louis looks at me expectantly.

They all stare at me, suddenly I'm self conscious, I'm only wearing pink short shorts and a cami. I curse at myself, because why the hell didn't I wear a bra?

They all turn their heads my way, including Angelo. My heart quickens and my palms sweat. I have to get out of here.

"I- I was just looking for Maria." I mumble. Angelo looks at me with annoyance, like I ruined his whole day just by walking in here.

Angelo's father looks at me with a sickly expression. I almost run, but my feet are stuck to the hardwood floors. I fumble with my clammy hands.

"Come sit, Ruth." Louis pats the space next to him, with an endearing smirk. Louis is exceedingly handsome, he has a rough face, filled with various little nicks and scars, that have healed overtime. He has a nice smile, I note. And even nicer hazel eyes.

I hesitantly go to sit next to Louis, even though there's nothing I'd rather do than go back to my room. "Angelo deal Ruth in." His father says, making eye contact with me.

"I'm not that good at poker." I object.

"Ah, maybe we should have played strip poker then." One of the men says laughing, looking at me, with thirsty eyes. (KAM tbh.) They all laugh along with him. Angelo's expression stays the same, as he counts the cards, unphased. I clench the couch cushion, hard.

"There wouldn't be much to take off." One of the other men barks out. Oh my god, this night is never going to end, is it? Even though I've come to hate the room that I spend all my time in, I'd practically kill to be back there right now.