Chapter 15: The "Truth" Comes Out

A week had passed since I had lost my virginity to Kian. I hadn't spoken to him since then. I'd been in my room alone, avoiding all contact with the outside world.

I loved Kian more than I ever thought I was capable of loving, but if I loved him so much, why was I still so depressed? I only had two more weeks left... at least that was what I told Kian. I knew I had to tell him the truth eventually, but would putting it off a bit longer be so bad?

I sighed, realizing that I had to tell him. I rolled over in bed and buried my face into a pillow, allowing myself to scream in frustration.

I dug around the bed sheets, searching for my phone, which I hadn't even touched in almost a week. After a few minutes of no luck finding it, I grew impatient.

"What the hell?" I mumbled under my breath as I continued to search for it.

Suddenly I heard the vibration, notifying me of an incoming call. I groaned in frustration when I finally realized that it was on the floor. I got out of bed and reached down to pick it up and noticed my heart racing after I read Kian's name. I hesitantly accepted the call and pressed the phone to my ear.

"Kian... hey," I answered barely above a whisper.

"Gracie, what's wrong?"

I sighed. "Could you not call me that anymore please?"

Kian hesitated for a moment before speaking."Baby girl, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm just pretty tired. I just woke up."

"You do realize it's three in the afternoon, right?"

"You're kidding," I replied.

"No, I'm not," he laughed quietly. "But seriously, are you okay? Why haven't I heard from you? We're losing precious time together."

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. I tried to keep the tears that were forming in my eyes from falling. "Kian, can you come over please?"

"Of course, I'll be there in a few minutes."

I quickly hung up and angrily threw my phone against the wall. I then sat down at the edge of the bed and buried my head in my hands. I was so damn stupid for lying to him. What the hell was I thinking?

A knock at the door broke me out of my thoughts. Wow Kian really wasn't lying when he said that he would be here in a few minutes. I took a deep breath, unsure of what to do. I wasn't ready to tell Kian this, but I knew I had to eventually. And no time better than the present, right?

I slowly stood up and walked toward the door. My hand rested on the doorknob for a moment or two before I had the courage to finally open it. The moment his eyes met mine, he pulled me into a tight hug. I was too nervous to hug him back and I could tell that he could feel my tension.

"What's wrong?" he asked as he pulled away. "Did I do something wrong?"

I quickly shook my head. "No of course not!" I reassured him. "But I did," I muttered under my breath.

"What was that?" he asked. "Sorry, I didn't hear you."

I shook my head again. "Oh, it was nothing."

"Is everything okay?" he asked, sounding very concerned.

"Can we go for a walk?" I asked him, biting my lip.

"Yeah, of course."

"Okay," I told him. "I just have to brush my hair and put on my shoes and I'll be ready."

"Cool. Take your time."

Kian fell back onto my bed and rested lazily.

I walked toward the dresser, grabbed my brush and walked into the bathroom. I exhaled loudly and took a look at my reflection. Wow I looked incredibly guilty. How could Kian not notice that look on my face? I turned on the faucet and quickly splashed my face with water. It didn't exactly make me feel better, but I still felt slightly refreshed.