Chapter 24: I Swear You Can Trust Me

"Can you please call Kian and tell him that he can come in now?" I asked Jc.

"Of course I can," Jc replied.

He swiftly pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed Kian's number.

"Hey are you still in the car?" Jc asked, on the phone. "Well Grace actually wants to see you right now... Yeah so just come right in."

Jc hung up and turned toward me. "He sounded really eager to see you."

I smiled softly. Honestly the thought of talking to Kian again actually petrified me, but at the same time, I wanted nothing more. My breathing became shaky and I felt butterflies forming in my stomach. I was so ridiculously nervous.

"I think I'll just go and hang out in the cafeteria to let you guys have some privacy," Jc told me.

I nodded. "Thank you so much, Jc."

"Anything for my little buddy."

I smiled and held my arms out for a hug. He accepted my offer and hugged me tightly before walking towards the door.

"Call me later alright?" Jc called from the doorway before leaving and closing the door behind him.

I was still shaking nervously as I waited for Kian. He was going to be walking in any minute and I was apprehensive about how this was going to go. Breaking me out of my nervous thoughts, there was a soft knock at the door.

"Come in!" I shouted weakly.

My heart almost stopped once I saw Kian walk in. His eyes were red and puffy from crying, but he still managed to look amazing. I bit my lip to keep from crying again then gave him a small smile.

"H-hi Kian," I stammered as he sat down in the chair right beside my bed.

"Y-you actually wanted to see me?" he asked softly.

I nodded. "Yeah. I-I love you," I broke down crying again as I said this.

I was really trying to get through this conversation without crying, but I obviously failed. Kian quickly stood up and sat on the edge of the bed to get closer to me. He then cupped my face in his hands, wiping my tears away with his thumbs.

"Shh, you've already cried enough, baby girl," he told me. "I don't want you to cry anymore."

"I'm sorry for refusing to see you before," I said to him.

He shook his head and grabbed my hand, making my heart skip a beat. "Don't even worry about that."

"You don't realize how sorry I am," he continued.

I closed my eyes and nodded. "I know you are. And I forgive you."

I looked into Kian's eyes and they were filling with tears. "It means the world to hear you say that."

I placed my hand on his cheek and gently stroked it with my thumb. Kian took my free hand into his own.

"I'm so glad you're okay," he whispered.

"And I'm glad you're here," I whispered in response.

"I almost didn't believe it when Jc called saying you wanted to see me."

I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling his body to mine. He hugged me back and I inhaled deeply, enjoying his amazing scent.

"It's so nice to feel your touch again," I whispered into his neck.

"I love you so fucking much, Gracie. I'm such an idiot for ruining everything."

I pulled away from the hug on the verge of tears. "Why did you do it then?" I asked him.

"I-I honestly don't know. I know that's no excuse, but I have no other explanation for it. It was so fucking stupid of me."

I nodded slowly. "What's her name?"

"That's not important," he told me. "The important thing is that I'm truly sorry and that I'm going to feel guilty about this for the rest of my life. I love you so much it hurts. You're the first thing I think of when I wake up and the last thing I think of before falling asleep. My mind is constantly racing with thoughts of you and only you. I would do anything for you and honestly, I would go to great lengths just to make you smile. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, Gracie. You probably don't think that's true, but it is. I love you. I love you. I love you."

Once he finished his little speech, I was crying again. I couldn't believe the effect that this boy had on me. He looked at my face as if he was trying to figure out exactly which emotion I was feeling. Quite frankly, I didn't even know.

Before I could stop myself, I gently grabbed his face in my hands and pulled my lips to his. Kian kissed back instantly, tangling his fingers in my hair. I did the same, giving his hair a gentle tug. With every second, the kiss became more and more passionate. About a minute or two later, his tongue was in my mouth. I had missed moments like this so much.

Suddenly the door opened, interrupting the little moment between Kian and I. Him and I both looked up and saw a nurse standing awkwardly in the doorway.

"I, um... just came in here to see how you're doing, but I can see that you're obviously doing pretty fine so I'll uh... come back later," she said in her high-pitched voice before running out of the room.

My eyes met Kian's again and I laughed softly.

"It great to see you smiling," he told me as he pinched my cheek playfully.

"It's because you're here with me right now."

My words caused him to smile too. "So, will you give me another chance? As your boyfriend I mean."

"I thought you'd never ask," I responded. "Of course I'll give you another chance, Kian."

"You have no idea how happy that just made me!" he exclaimed as he pulled me into another hug.

"This is your last chance just so you know," I informed him. "If you do anything like that ever again, we'll be over for good."

"I would never ruin our relationship again, Gracie," he replied, holding my hands in his. "Trust me. I swear you can trust me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been in a happy mood for some reason lately so I've been updating a lot lately. My goodness.

Just a heads up, there's probably only a few more chapters to go!

Vote and comment if you liked this chapter!