Chapter 17: Don't Lie to Me

Kian and I were laying side by side on my bed, enjoying our moment together. It had been a mere few hours since I had finally told Kian the truth and I must say, it felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders and I could finally breathe again.

"So," Kian stated breaking the comfortable silence. "Now that we're being honest..."

I turned on my side, propping my head up on my elbow to face him. "Yeah?"

"Ever since the night I met you, I knew that you were something special," he told me, staring straight into my eyes.

I lightly pushed his shoulder in response. "Don't lie to me, sweetheart."

Kian placed his hand over his heart like he was hurt by my words. "Me? Lying to you, my beautiful girlfriend? That's ridiculous!"

I laughed softly, rolling my eyes. "You're so lame," I told him, laying my head on his chest.

"Dammit, Gracie, you always ruin my mood."

I laughed softly again and planted a kiss on his cheek. "I love you," I murmured, trying to suck up to him.

He sighed. "I love you too," he stated flatly.

"More enthusiasm please!" I demanded.

"I love you!" he shouted in a happy tone.

"Oh and while we're on the subject of honesty...there's one more thing I have to tell you," I said.

"Oh no."

"It's not that bad! Don't worry, Kian."

"Well what is it?"

"My actual name isn't Disgrace," I told him. "It's actually just Grace."

He sighed in what seemed to be relief. "Oh thank god. I thought you we're going to tell me something much worse than that."

"No of course not!" I exclaimed. "I'm saving my horrible news for another day."

"What?!"

I giggled softly at his worried expression. "I'm kidding!"

He placed a soft kiss on my forehead and chuckled. "You better be, baby girl."

I smiled and bit my lip in response.

~*~

I suddenly awakened in the middle of the night. Once I realized how dark it was in the room, I became a bit anxious. I took a few deep breaths and was able to calm myself. I tried to sit up, but was restrained by Kian's strong arm draped across my waist.

I took a deep breath before gripping his arm and slowly freeing myself from his comforting grasp. I slowly got out of bed and walked toward the bathroom. I quickly turned the light on and stared at my tired reflection in the mirror.

I pushed my tangled hair out of my face and inspected my reflection closely. I had never truly realized how much I resembled my mother until that exact moment. I bit my lip, trying and failing at holding back my tears. Being abandoned by my parents was one of the worst feelings I had ever endured. If my own parents didn't want me, then why on earth would someone as amazing as Kian want me? I wiped my tears away, but it was not use because even more formed in their place. I was so pathetic crying over two people who never even cared about me. All I truly wanted was for people to love me, but of course that was too much to ask because this was me. And me...well I was nothing.

"Is everything okay, baby girl?" Kian muttered in his oddly attractive sleepy voice. "Wait why are you crying?!"

I quickly wiped my tears away and took a few deep breaths. "It's nothing, Kian. I'm fine, okay?"

"You don't look fine," he told me, taking a few steps toward me until he was standing in the bathroom too. "Tell me why you're crying, Gracie."

"Kian...it's stupid. Don't worry about it."

He gently cupped my face in his face and wiped my stray tears away. "It's not stupid. Just tell me, okay?"

I took a really deep breath and nodded. "It's just about my parents again," I admitted. "I just feel so unloved," I stated and bursted into tears again. "And I k-know it's dumb to c-cry about them, but I just can't help it."

"Hey, hey, hey," he stated in a hushed tone and pulled me into a tight hug. "Shh. You've got me! I'm here to love you."

I buried my face in his neck and cried even more. "But what if you finally see all my flaws one day and decide to leave me?"

"Oh, Gracie. Trust me, you barely have any flaws to begin with. I'm here for you, okay? I'll always be here for you."

I pulled away from the hug, looked him in the eyes and gave him a small nod. "I'm sorry for crying so much," I murmured.

"It's totally fine," he told me. "And don't apologize. I'm your boyfriend. It's my job to comfort you when you need it."

"You are way too good for me," I replied, looking down at the floor in embarrassment.

"Oh, stop with the nonsense," Kian said.

"Whatever you say."

He took my hand in his and led me out of the bathroom. "Come back to bed. You need more rest."

How did I get so lucky?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PLEASE READ

I'm so sorry it's so short! I'm a horrible person, I'm sorry. I've just been going through a lot crap lately and felt bad for not updating. I'm so sorry for making you guys wait! My updates may not be very consistent until this entire situation I'm going through is over. No, I will not be abandoning this story, and no I will not be putting it on hold. I'll be updating as much as possible, depending on how I feel.

Please understand if my updates aren't consistent, my loves!

I apologize in advance for any typos this chapter may have.