Chapter 16: Timing's Everything

I finally made it back to the hotel and into the safety of my room. I was a bit relieved to have made it away from Kian, but I knew that he was going to be outside of my door any minute. I felt extremely guilty and I had to tell him the truth-the actual truth this time.

My prediction was correct because a few minutes later, I heard Kian banging loudly on the door.

"Gracie, baby, let me in!" he shouted.

More tears formed in my eyes and my shoulders began to shake out of anxiety. More knocking came from the other side of the door.

"I know you didn't mean what you said. C'mon, open up!"

Within seconds, my face was drenched in tears. I was such an idiot. Why was I letting someone as amazing a Kian go?

"I know you love me," he shouted. "You can't just fake things like that. You can't just leave me out in the cold like that."

I could just tell he was crying, but I just couldn't get myself to open the door. I quickly plopped down on the bed and buried my face in my pillows and just sobbed and sobbed until I finally fell asleep.

~*~

I sluggishly opened my eyes, and honestly, I felt like absolute crap. My eyelids felt heavy as I struggled to keep my eyes open. I quickly sat up, realizing that that was a bad idea because pain throbbed throughout my entire head. Migraines were the absolute worst. I held my head in my hands and groaned in pain.

After a few minutes, I managed to move my head slightly to lift up my phone to check the time. It was almost 11 pm. Now I was going to be up all night, damn it.

I got out of bed and walked into the bathroom. I had bags under my eyes, which were also still red and puffy from crying so much. I splashed cold water on my face and was about to take a shower when I heard something.

I slowly left the bathroom and followed the sound. It was coming from outside the door. I pressed my ear against the door to have a better listen and it sounded as if someone was...crying? And I had a pretty good idea of who it could've possibly been. My one true love, Kian Lawley. I felt completely awful and I, myself started crying again.

I hesitantly placed my hand on the handle and opened the door. Kian jumped, startled. Kian was a complete mess right then and there. He was sitting against the wall, his knees pulled up to his chest, sobbing. I instantly placed my hand over my mouth in shock. I had caused this. I was the most horrible person. I fell to my knees and curled up beside him, crying on his shoulder. It hurt me that he cried along with me.

After a few moments, Kian gently scooped me up into his arms and carried me bridal-style into my room, closing the door behind us with his foot. He gently laid me down on my bed and I cried even more at his act of kindness. Even after all I had put him through, he still cared for me. He sat down on the edge of the bed, not facing me. I took a few deep breaths and dried my tears. I slowly sat up, my head still throbbing.

"You're a fucking angel," I muttered.

Kian quickly turned around to face me and gave me a sad smile in response. "I try to be," he stated, his voice slightly raspy from crying.

"I'm a mess," I told him. "I'm so sorry."

He shrugged. "Aren't we all?"

I folded my lips inward and shrugged as well. "I seriously am sorry, Kian. I don't know why you put up with me."

"Because I love you," he mumbled, avoiding eye contact.

"Kian, there's something I have to tell you," I stated. "The actual truth this time."