Chapter 7: You...saved me?

"A date?" I asked Kian wide-eyed, confirming what he had just asked me.

"That's what I said isn't it?" Kian replied.

I nervously took a step back, only to have my back collide with the wall. Kian stepped forward and placed his right hand on the wall right beside my head. He rested his forehead on mine and his cool minty breath teased me as it danced across my lips.

"K-Kian?" I stammered.

With his free hand, he gently placed his forefinger on my lips and shushed me.

"Shh," he whispered. "Don't ruin this perfect moment between us."

That instantly made me shut up. He gently placed his lips on mine and I could feel the butterflies fluttering inside of me. After about a minute or two, Kian broke the kiss. His sparkling brown eyes stared straight into mine, causing my nervousness to grow. He put his lips beside my ear before speaking.

"So how about that date?" Kian whispered in my ear.

I quickly opened my eyes and sighed in both frustration and relief when I realized it was just a dream. That was the second night in a row that I dreamt about Kian. When I turned over in my bed to get more comfortable, I was startled by none other than Kian Lawley's sleeping face.

What the actual hell?! He was still here?

I took a deep breath and stood up. Once I spotted my shoes, I quickly pulled them on. Not only did I need air, but I also needed to get away from Kian for a bit.

I grabbed my room key before opening the door and quietly leaving the hotel room.

I impatiently waited for the elevator doors to open and once they did, I practically sprinted inside.

Once I made it to the lobby, I walked out of the main entrance. The cool evening air felt like heaven as it hit my face. I took a few steps forward and then proceeded to pace back and forth up the sidewalk nervously.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing outside so late by herself?" a voice asked from behind me, interrupting my thoughts.

Startled, I jumped and let out a small shriek. I quickly turned around to see the source of the voice and my eyes widened when I saw that it was a man who appeared to be in his early twenties. He had a dirty blonde quiff and big blue eyes. I instantly regained my composure and spoke confidently.

"I don't think that's any of your business," I retorted.

"Ah, feisty aren't we?" he stated as he pulled out a cigarette.

He swiftly placed it between his lips and held out the pack to me.

"Smoke?" he asked.

I quickly shook my head. "Hell no. Smoking is gross."

"I guess I'm gross then," he said with a small smile.

"No argument there," I muttered.

"Aww c'mon now, don't be rude to a paying customer."

I raised my eyebrows at him extremely confused. "Paying customer? Care to elaborate?"

"Aww don't play dumb, darling. We both know why you're standing outside a hotel alone at this hour. How much?"

If I wasn't so tired, I probably would've been angrier than I was about him thinking I was a prostitute. I rolled my eyes at his ignorance and tried to walk away, but was instantly stopped by his firm grip on my arm.

"Get your grimy hand off of me!" I shouted.

"Not until you give me what I'm here for," he replied angrily, tightening his grip on my arm.

"Hey!" a voice called. "Let her go!"

The man and I both looked up and saw that it was Kian. I wasn't sure whether to feel happy that Kian was there or even more anxious.

"Or what?" the man growled.

"Or I'll call 911 right now!"

"Like the cops would care about a slut."

"Don't call her that!" Kian yelled in his face.

"She's a slut," the man repeated.

I guess his words really affected Kian because the next thing I knew, the man had a bloody nose and Kian's knuckles were beginning to swell up.

"Now either you get out of here and never come back or I call the cops. Take your pick."

I suppose the man chose the first option because he quickly fled and that was the last that I'd ever seen of him. I let out a breath that I wasn't aware that I was holding and instantly turned to Kian, who was obviously trying to avoid eye contact with me.

"Are you okay?" he asked softly.

I grabbed his hand and then pulled him back inside. I ran as fast as I could with his hand still in mine, trying desperately to get back to my room as soon as possible.

Within a couple minutes, I was pulling out my keycard and opening the door. Once Kian and I were both inside, I closed the door. It was dark and Kian and I were both out of breath. I looked down and realized that I was still holding Kian's hand.

"Oops, sorry Kian," I told him as I let his hand go.

"It's fine. But Gracie?"

"Yeah?"

"What the hell were you thinking?!"

"What do you mean?"

"Why on earth would you go outside alone this late?!"

"I just had a weird dream and needed some air. I didn't realize that was a crime!"

He sighed. "I'm sorry for yelling at you. It's just... I got worried."

"But what about you, huh?"

"Me?"

"Yeah, one, why were you in bed with me and two, were you following me or something?"

"We were watching movies together, remember? I guess I must've accidentally fallen asleep in your bed. And yeah, I was following you because I felt you get up and I heard you leave. So sorry for making sure everything was okay."

I sighed. "I'm sorry."

"No need to apologize."

"I just...can't believe you did that for me," I told him. "You actually punched someone for me."

He nervously rubbed the back of his neck. "I did what anyone would've done."

"Actually, most people wouldn't have done that...thank you so much."

Before I could stop myself, I gently wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him into a hug. He immediately hugged back with his arms placed tightly around my waist. My eyes widened in shock when I realized that I was actually hugging Kian. I pulled away and awkwardly looked at the floor.

"I'm sorry about that," I muttered.

He then gently tapped under my chin with his fingers, causing me to look up and our eyes to meet.

"Don't be," he whispered before his lips met mine.

Shock overcame my entire body and my eyes remained wide open. I'd never been kissed before. A guy had never shown any interest in me whatsoever, so I wasn't sure how to react. I realized that I shouldn't have been happy about this because love would just interfere with my plan, but at that moment I couldn't help myself.

I closed my eyes and let instinct take over. I kissed him back with everything I had and his hands slowly traveled down until they rested on the small of my back. I lifted my hands and intertwined my fingers in his perfect brown hair.

It felt great because this time it wasn't a dream. This was actually happening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay another update. Woo!

Vote and comment!