Chapter 25: The Right to Know

The next day, I was finally able to leave the hospital and go home. I was prescribed antidepressants, but that was to be expected.

The day before, Kian gave Jc a ride home and came right back, just so he could stay there with me. Kian refused to let my hand go ever since he got there, but I wasn't complaining. It was great to actually feel loved again. I felt so lucky to have a love like that.

Kian and I were in the car together on the way back to my place. I was a bit nervous to go back with the fear of all of those emotions from that night coming back. Kian must've noticed my tension because he lightly placed his hand on my thigh in an attempt to comfort me.

"Hey how are you feeling?" he asked, his eyes still on the road.

"In all honesty, I'm a bit scared to go back home, you know?" I confessed with a sigh. "The memories might come flooding back."

"There's no need to be," he said in a comforting tone. "Everything will be okay."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "I sure hope so," I muttered under my breath.

"I could stay there with you for a night or two if it would make you feel any better," he offered.

I quickly looked up at him, intrigued by his offer. "I mean, maybe just for tonight," I agreed. "If you're not busy, that is."

He shook his head. "No not at all! I have zero plans," he stated with a small smile. "And it would be great to spend my free time with you."

I looked down at my feet and bit my lip. For some reason, I didn't seem to believe him when he said that. I felt as if he was just sucking up to me because he felt bad about everything that had happened lately. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. His infidelity caused so many complications in my mind. I found myself mentally twisting everything he said into something ridiculous. I knew he most likely would never cheat again, but there was still that small part of me that was a bit paranoid.

"What're you thinking about?" Kian asked, breaking me out of my thoughts.

I quickly jumped, startled and looked up. "Oh, it's nothing."

"It doesn't seem like nothing," he replied. "You can tell me what's on your mind. I'm here for you."

I sighed loudly and sat up straight. "Don't get me wrong, Kian. I forgive you for what you did, I really do, but... in order for me to fully move on... I feel as if I at least need to know who the other girl is."

Kian sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "Gracie... don't do this."

"Please tell me?" I pleaded. "I feel as if I have the right to know."

Kian took a deep breath and nodded. "You're right," he stated. "You do have the right to know."

I waited for him to say more, but he didn't. We sat in silence for a few moments before I broke it.

"So are you going to tell me?" I asked softly, desperation clear in my tone.

Kian shook his head slowly and didn't say anything else after that. We continued the car ride in silence.

~*~

Kian and I were in my living room watching Netflix, our eyes glued to the screen. Kian was sitting upright and I was sprawled across the couch, my head in his lap. I hesitantly glanced up at him only to discover that he was looking down at me.

He suddenly picked up the remote and turned the TV off. I bit my lip and shot him a confused look. I then got up and sat right beside him.

"We need to talk," he stated, turning his body to face me.

"About?" I questioned.

"You were right earlier," he told me. "You really do have the right to know."

My body tensed up and I nodded nervously, signaling for him to go on.

"It was wrong of me to ignore you like that earlier and I'm sorry about that."

I nodded slowly. "So... who is she?"

"She's my ex, but I promise you that I don't have any feelings toward her anymore," he stated in a reassuring tone.

"Are you sure?"

He nodded and took my hands in his. "Of course I am. I even blocked her number so she can't call or text me. You're the only woman I need in my life."

As soon as those words left Kian's lips, I felt slightly better about the whole situation, but one thing still bothered me... I needed to at least know her name. It would drive me insane if I wasn't told what her name was. I gave him a quick nod before speaking.

"What's her name?"

He stared at me blankly for a few seconds, but finally told me.

"Her name's Andrea."

I closed my eyes for a second, taking a few deep breaths. Now that I knew her name, it seemed more real, but at the same time I felt as if a giant weight was lifted off of my shoulders. Kian and I could finally move on from this entire situation and preferably never mention it again.

"Are you okay?" he asked me sincerely.

I nodded in response and then buried my face in his chest, pulling him into a hug. He instantly hugged back, holding me tightly.

"I'm sorry," he said for about the millionth time.

"Everything is fine, Kian," I reassured him.

Still hugging me, he kissed the top of my head. "I'm so lucky to have you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I meant to update sooner! I'm so sorry! I've just been a bit depressed this past week because my "boyfriend" (it was a complicated relationship) and I decided to end things. It really sucks and it's been taking a bit of a toll on me. :-(

But anyway, enough of my boring life. There's probably only one or two more chapters after this one!

Sorry this chapter wasn't so long.

Vote or comment if you liked it!