Chapter 22: Life Gets Rough

Kian's POV

"You fucking idiot!" Jc shouted pushing me.

I didn't even bother to fight back because I knew he was right. I was an idiot for hurting Gracie like that.

"I know," I stated looking down at the floor.

"What the hell were you thinking! You're the best thing that's ever happened to her!"

I shook my head. "She's too good for me," I muttered under my breath.

"Damn right she is! She'd never do some shady shit like that!" Jc exclaimed.

"I ruined everything."

"Dude...you have to fix this somehow," Jc told me, lowering his voice. "She loves you dude and you messed it all up for some random girl."

I nodded. Jc was completely right, but I had no idea what to do, honestly. Everything was already ruined. Even if she did forgive me and we got back together, things wouldn't be the same as they were before. I was such an idiot for risking something so perfect. Jc gave my shoulder a quick pat before leaving the room, leaving me alone with my depressing thoughts.

My phone rang, breaking me out of those depressing thoughts, causing me to jump up in excitement. I silently prayed that it was Gracie. Once I saw her name, my heart skipped a beat and I answered instantly.

"Gracie, I am so happy you're calling!"

After a few moments of silence, I spoke again, hoping to coax a response out of her.

"Gracie? You there?"

"I-I...K-Kian I'm scared," she confessed. "And I j-j-just wanted to hear your voice one more time."

"Gracie what's wrong?!" I asked, sounding worried.

I was so confused and so scared for her at that moment. I wished that she'd forgive me so I could just hold her in my arms and comfort her. I wanted to hug her and kiss her and make everything better, but I knew that that wouldn't work in a million years.

"Nothing anymore," she told me. "I-everything will be better soon."

She didn't say anything else after that, completely worrying me and giving me paranoia.

"Gracie, baby girl, what's going on?!"

She didn't respond and my heart rate began to increase. I was so nervous that I felt as if my heart was going to beat out of my chest.

"I'm coming over," I informed her before hanging up.

I ran outside and sprinted as fast as I could to Gracie's place.

~*~

Once I was outside her door, I saw two envelopes. I was alarmed once I saw my name written across one of them. Out of sheer curiosity, I ripped the envelope open and tears instantly ran down my face the moment I laid eyes on it. I just couldn't believe my eyes when I saw what my baby girl had written. My hands trembled as I held the suicide letter in my hands. This was my fault. I had caused this. My baby girl was killing herself and it was all my fault. If my Gracie was dead, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

I tried to open the door and luckily, it was unlocked. I quickly ran inside and into her bedroom, hoping that I still had at least a slight chance of saving her. The sight in front of me was much worse than I ever could've imagined. Gracie was passed out, her face completely drained of color, sprawled across the floor wearing the same thing she had worn the night before. I began to hyperventilate, worrying if she was actually dead or not. The guilt was eating me alive. A few seconds later, I then fell to my knees right beside her. Instinctively, I pulled my phone out and called 911.