CHAPTER 13

"Our love is the long-lasting kind;

We've been together quite awhile.
I love you for so many things,
Your voice, your touch, your kiss, your smile.

You accept me as I am;
I can relax and just be me.
Even when my quirks come out,
You think they're cute; you let me be.

With you, there's nothing to resist;
You're irresistible to me.
I'm drawn to you in total trust;
I give myself to you willingly.

Your sweet devotion never fails;
You view me with a patient heart.
You love me, dear, no matter what.
You've been that way right from the start.

Those are just a few reasons why
I'll always love you as I do.
We'll have a lifetime full of love,
And it will happen because of you."

"That's beautiful" I whispered pushing back some of my lover's dark blonde hair. His light blue eyes stared back at me with happiness and love making my heart flutter.

"Just like you" He whispered back taking my hand into his and kissing the back of it. We were laying in his bed under the covers with only the moon as a source of light.

"I am not beautiful, I am just me" I whispered blushing slightly and looked down at our intertwined hands. He pulled them up and placed a soft kiss on the back of them.

"And the you I know is beautiful," He said before pulling me closer to his body locking our lips together wrapping his arms around my waist while I wrapped mine around his neck pulling him as close to me as possible not wanting any space to separate us from each other.

"Cihangir"

"How was your night?" Emine asked as we walked down the corridor and towards the harem where all of the girls stood up when they saw me stop in front of the door and turn to look at her.

"It was amazing" I answered and looked at the girls in the harem who immediately bowed to me with their heads bowed down facing the floor.

"How are the kids?" I asked turning back to Emine who smiled happily. It's been four years since Allah blessed us with our two precious children, they both couldn't look more like me and they can't be more like their father. Humasah had blonde hair almost like mine but slightly darker while Ali-Yahya had a slightly darker blonde closer to his father.

"They're perfect, Sultana, they're in your room waiting for you," She said smiling. I nodded and continued my way towards my room. When I walked in I was slightly shocked to see Hurrem Sultan sitting on my couch with Humasah in her lap and Ali-Yahya sitting beside her.

"Sultanim I bowed to her smiling as Ali-Yahya jumped up from the couch and ran over to me with his arms wide open. I kneeled down meeting him and picked him up holding him on my hip as he hugged my neck tightly.

"Is everything alright Sultanim?" I asked placing Ali-Yahya down on the floor. She signaled the girls to take the children to the separate room which was theirs. Emine picked up Ali-Yahya while Mara took Humasah from Hurrem Sultan.

"I came to ask if you were able to change Cihangir's mind" She answered standing up and walked closer. I sighed wiping the smile off my face, and there goes my giddy mood.

"I tried, he didn't even want to listen, he wants to be by his brother's side at the campaign" I answered looking down at the floor.

"That boy is going to make me go crazy, how could he even think about going to a campaign in his condition," She said angrily to herself looking out the window trying to think of a solution.

"I even tried to guilt-trip him about the children but nothing worked, he's head-on wanting to help his brother" I finished flinching as she pushed a table over causing all of its contents to fall on the floor scatter all over the floor.

"Is he in a good mood?" She asked turning to look at me. I nodded before she left to talk to him. Emine walked in and immediately started cleaning the room. I walked over to the couch and sat down placing my face in my hands not knowing what I should do.

"Are you okay mommy?" I looked up at Humasah in front of me and smiled when I saw her concerned face. I pulled her closer to me and pulled her up on my lap and kissed her head.

"I'm fine darling" I muttered hugging her close to my body. She hugged me back tightly as Emine finished cleaning up the room.

"Will daddy visit today?" She asked cutely looking up at me with her big adorable eyes. I smiled and pushed some of her hair out of her face.

"Of course, he wouldn't leave without seeing you two" I answered as Ali-Yahya walked over and sat down beside me.

"MAKE WAY SHEHZADE BEYAZID HAS ARRIVED" I stood up placing Humasah on the couch and took a shawl from Mara and covered my hand as the prince walked in with the two aghas walked in behind him since we are not allowed to be alone in the same room.

"Uncle Beyazid" Ali-Yahya ran over to his uncle who immediately picked him up and hugged him close kissing him all over his face.

"I came to see my hero nephew," he said hugging him close. Humasah walked over to her uncle and hugged his leg, he placed Ali-Yahya back down on the floor before picking her up and kissed her cheek.

"I got you a present," He said placing her down and turning to the agha behind him who pulled out a box and handed it to Beyazid. He opened it and pulled out a small yet beautiful necklace making her squeal as he placed it around her small neck.

"Thank you Shehzade" I bowed my head at him as he smiled back at me before turning to Ali-Yahya.

"How about you and I go see your new pony with your father," He asked making Ali-Yahya scream happily before running out of the room to get his father. Beyazid nodded at me before leaving the room.

"Look mommy" Humasah ran over to show me her new necklace. I sighed and smiled at her as she ran to the extra room to show Mara. I sat back down on the couch feeling like the weight of the whole world was on my shoulders, I had a bad feeling about Cihangir leaving for this campaign like it was a warning but no one listened, no one seemed to care as the betrayal of Shehzade Mustafa fell on the whole empire very heavily.