No. 3

"Year 3000" by The Jonas Brothers
••

Wednesday, September 7, 1994
The day has came. The first day of school. I'm sort of nervous, but also excited. At least I know some familiar faces? I got up at 5:40, and showered. I blow dried my hair, curled it, got dressed into my favorite outfit I brought with me, and was about to leave for the bus.

"Where are you going?" Reggie asks.

"The... bus?" I said, confused.

"Oh no, Amelia, we don't take the bus." Reggie said, pointing with his thumb behind him.

A car honk came from outside, I look out the window and see Alex, Luke, and Bobby sitting in an old car.

"We ride in Alex's car." Reggie said.

I mean, anything is better than riding a smelly school bus with weird kids. I jog slightly to the car with my brother, and hop in. Alex was driving, Bobby was in the passenger seat, and Luke, well, let's just say I was stuck sitting next to him on the drivers side back seat being he was in the middle.

"Sleep okay?" Luke asked.

"Pretty good actually, best I've slept in a while, why?" I asked back.

"You looked really tired on the plane, and I noticed you don't look tired anymore." He responded.

"Oh.." I said, turning my head to the window and leaning on it. The cold glass felt nice, Alex had the heat on since it was early and cold outside.

About twenty minutes later, we were at school. It was HUGE. This place looked as if it was from a futuristic movie, not too futuristic though. I leaned up behind Alex's seat to get a better look.

"It's nice, huh?" Bobby asked.

"What is?" I asked, confused.

"The school. It was remodeled over the summer." Alex responded for Bobby.

"Oh! Thats why it looks so nice. I just thought it was recently built, what did it look like before?" I questioned. I was genuinely curious, I hadn't seen this places in years.

"I don't have any pictures, but I'm sure if you look on the school website it'll be on there." Bobby said. I leaned back into my seat, moment later we all grabbed our bags and hopped out of Alex's car and started for the school.

After getting to the front doors, we all pulled out our schedules.