No. 17

"Home" by Edith Whiskers

••

Hollywood, 2020 (Possibly Wednesday, September 30, 2020)
*Amelia's POV*
We all just look around the studio and hung out, until the mysterious Julie figure came back.

••

Hollywood, 2020 (Possibly Wednesday, September 30, 2020)
*Amelia's POV*
"Okay we have to do something." Luke said throwing the tennis ball back and fourth from the wall.

"We could always go explore Bobby's house? Maybe he's still around!" Reggie suggested.

"Okay then who is Julie? His kid or something?" Alex asked.

"No, she's definitely not his kid. Did you not look at her facial features? Much more attractive." I joked about Bobby.

"Someone's got a crush on Julie." Reggie said.

"I'm straight?" I said, Luke coming behind me and holding my waist. "Exhibit A." I joked, pointing at the face now sitting on my shoulder.

"So what are we waiting for? Lets go into Bobby's!" Alex said, excited to see the house he hasn't been to in a long time.

••

We entered the house through the front door, and everything looked completely different! The furniture was fancy, it felt lived in, it felt home-y?

Julie notices us standing in her doorway as she eats her spaghetti dinner. Her eyes widened at the sight of us through her glasses. We begin to walk towards her and she fake screams. We stop in our position with worried faces.

"Gah!" Julie sorta shouted. She awkwardly chuckled, "That's me, ripping off the band aid!" She said. Must've been a something her aunt said before we came in.

"There's my brave girl!" The older woman in a blue and black suit dress said, grabbing Julie's chin.

"Hey Julie-," Luke said, leaning to the table, "I really like what you guys did with the place." He complimented.

"You shouldn't be here." Julie said to Luke, but to everyone else- she said it to no one, and was looking a completely different direction of the family.

"Oh! I'm just here to help, mija." The older woman said.

"Oh.. I think that's our cue to leave.." Alex said to me, loud enough for Reggie and Luke to here, all of us begin to back up.

"I mean," Julie begins, "You should be at Pilates!" She made up for the questionable 'talking to nothing' move. "Thanks for bringing us food!" Julie said, hugging the woman from the chair she was sitting in.

Julie shot us all a glare.

"We should've called first!" Reggie said, backing up. We all went out through the front door and back into the studio. "Well that was a bust." Reggie said, plopping down on the couch.

"Definitely not Bobby's kid I guess." Luke said, sitting down with Reggie. Luke tapped his hand on his thigh, gesturing me to come sit with him. I did so.

"I know how to bring up the mood!" Alex said. "How 'bout a nice jam session?" He suggested.

"Ooh! Yeah!" Reggie pointed, as he got up. "'Dear Maria, Count Me In' like old times?" He asked.

"For sure!" I said, getting up and pulling Luke with me.

We began playing instrumentally, we sounded not bad for not playing for technically twenty-five years. Julie opened the door just a crack and peaked in. He mouth dropped as she stomped to the middle in front of us and stopped.