No. 21

"Daylight" by Joji and Diplo

••

Hollywood, 2020 (Possibly Friday, October 2, 2020)
*Amelia's POV*
"Later Julie! Oh, tell those cheerleaders I'm single!" Reggie added.

"Oh and that he's dead." Alex said, Julie turned the corner and was out of sight.

"Oh no no no! Leave that part out, leave that... and she's gone." Reggie said bummed.

••

Hollywood, 2020 (Possibly Friday, October 2, 2020)
*Amelia's POV*
We teleported back home as soon as Julie left for class. Reggie and Alex were in the loft of the studio, while Luke and I were on the couch. Luke's head pops up as he thinks of something to do. "Amelia, follow me." He said, grabbing my hand. 

We walk up to the back door of the Molina's and step through, Luke still holding my hand drags me up to Julie's room. 

"Stay here and watch for Julie." Luke said implying I stay put by the door.

"Why? What are you doing?" I asked, turning the other way to see him going through her dream box. "Luke, we were told not to touch that!" I said, walking over to him.

"I know. But I feel bad, ya know. Her and her friend are arguing and she doesn't know how to fix it. There has to be something in here about..." Luke stopped for a moment, "Found something." He holds up a piece of paper with a poem written on it.

"A cheesy love poem?" I questioned, not caring enough to look at it.

"Amelia, read it!" Luke scoffs, "It's about a girl named Flynn, her bestfriend I'm assuming, being that the girl with pink hair seemed to intimidate Julie at the assembly." He said. That made sense.

"Cool, you found a poem about Flynn, now put it back, it's not ours. That's private." I said, pointing to the dream box he had placed on her bed.

"Nope." He folded it back up and put it in his pocket, closing the dream box back on the dusty shelf in the exact place it was in. "I'm turning it into a song, then Julie can sing it for her friend to apologize!" 

"That's a good idea, but disrespecting privacy isn't right." I told him, "I don't even like Julie that much and I'm still suggesting we don't do this." I blurted out, forgetting he didn't know.

"You don't like her?" He asked, frowning.

"Not really. And we can talk about it later." I said frowning a bit as well. 

••

We poofed back into the studio and began working on the poem to turn it into a song. "Where's Alex?" I asked Reggie.

"Oh! He needed a breather I guess? He poofed out, don't know where to." He responded. 

"Cool so we're working on a new song without him then?" Luke said, picking up his guitar.

"I guess?" I answered, setting up my keyboard.

We began working on the song for Julie, I kind of just sat and watched, playing keys on my keyboard to go with it. I wasn't too interested in helping out someone who wasn't helping us in any way.