No. 5

"Too Sad To Cry" by Sasha Sloan
••

Thursday, September 8, 1994
"I mean it, Amelia. Talk to me." He said. He leaned down and kissed my forehead, then opened the door and left.

I stood there and looked at myself in the mirror. I started to cry a bit. Just one tear. I felt bad or guilty. I had no feelings towards Luke like he might towards me. I don't want to hurt his feelings nor mine.

I got myself together and left the bathroom. Everyone piled in the car and we headed to school.

"Luke, any luck with new songs last night?" Bobby asked.

"Yeah, actually, I finally finished "My Name Is Luke"!" Luke said.

"Dude finally, I swear I wrote that whole country album in the time it took you to finish that." Reggie laughed out.

"How is that country album of yours by the way, Reggie?" I asked jokingly.

"Really well. Just get me a banjo and I can publish it." Reggie said.

"Then I'll learn how to fiddle." I said.

"Oooh! Can I wear a cowboy hat and just stand there?" Alex asked.

"Whatever makes you happy, Alex." Reggie assured while giggling.

••

*Luke's POV*
I couldn't stop thinking of what happened between Amelia and I last night. I know she doesn't have feelings for me, but I can wait.

"Hey buddy, you okay?" Reggie said, waving his hand out of my daydream.

"Y-yeah. Just thinking." I responded.

"About Amelia, right?" Reggie said, smirking at me.

"Yeah.." I said, not disappointed, but not happy.

"She'll come around, Luke. What are you writing? You've been in that journal all day." Reggie said.

"We say we're friends, we play pretend.
You're more to me.."

"Just a new song." I said. Its about Amelia.

"About Amelia, isn't it?" Reggie asked me.

"Don't know yet." I lied. I know Reggie knew my feelings towards his sister. I just couldn't show too much of them.

••

*Amelia's POV*
School went by fast, and thank god because I couldn't wait any longer for the weekend, we had no school Friday meaning a long next few days ahead of us. Bobby had made plans for all of us to go to a beach house this weekend.

The guys and I all went straight to Alex's car after fifth period. "Alright, everyone has their bags packed already right, so I don't have to double back?" Alex asked. Everyone said yes and nodded. We started for each other's houses to grab our bags and go. This was going to be a fun weekend.

The car ride was supposed to last an hour long. I think I'll survive. Everyone was just talking to one another, and it felt nice to have some new friends since my only one left.

"Excited?" Luke asked, while looking at me.

"Yeah, actually. A small little get-away adventure. Sounds fun to me." I said. We were stuck in traffic at this point.