No. 18

"Wake Up" by Madison Reyes/Julie Molina

••

Hollywood, 2020 (Possibly Wednesday, September 30, 2020)
*Amelia's POV*
"This, this is just too weird." Julie says, backing away. She leaves the area and we all start smiling and supporting one another. Moments like these make my heart happy.

••

Hollywood, 2020 (Possibly Wednesday, September 30, 2020)
*Amelia's POV*
The guys and I teleport to the Orpheum sign and sit on it. Reggie, missing his shirt.

"Hey, I know being dead isn't our first choice," Luke began, tapping my knee, "but I mean it sure is easy to get around!" He exclaimed.

"Easy for you maybe." Reggie said. "I lost my shirt on that one." Seconds later, his shirt appeared back on him. "Oh! Never mind! There it is." We all chuckled.

"Okay, so, why'd you bring us here? Just another painful reminder of where we never got to play." Alex asked. "Thanks Luke." Alex, patted his shoulder from behind me.

"I mean, guys, the game isn't over yet!" Luke started, we all poofed down to the ground below us. "I'm telling you! We've been given a second chance. Lets find some music, let's see how many clubs we can hit before sunrise," He rambled on.

Alex bumped shoulders with a tall figure in a top hat, and a spark flashed. "Hey?" Alex said, kind of offended the man didn't say sorry. The tall man tilted his hat at Alex and made his way. He looked so familiar.

"Hey, Alex, you coming?" I asked, waiting with Luke and Reggie.

"Let's go!" Reggie said.

We walked around for the rest of the night, exploring parts of Hollywood we'd never seen before.

••

Hollywood, 2020 (Possibly Thursday, October 1, 2020)
*Amelia's POV*
We woke up early and hung out outside behind the studio. We used to do this here and there when we all wanted to have deep conversations. We all of a sudden heard music coming from Julie's studio that we definitely weren't playing ourselves.

We all stood up in a hurry and rushed to the front of the studio, seeing Julies dad and Carlos outside listening to the music that had flowed through the air.

"Wake up, wake up.
So wake the spirit, spirit,
I wanna hear it, hear it,
don't need to fear it, you're not alone,
you're gonna find your way, home."

We poofed in behind Julie in hopes she would not see us.

"Wake up, wake up, if it's all you do!
Look out, look inside of you!
It's not what you lost, it's what you'll gain,
raising your voice to the rain!
Wake up your dream and make it true,
look out look inside of you!
When you're feeling lost, relight that spark,
time to come out of the dark.
Wake up. Mmm. Wake up."

Alex begins to take a step to her, but Luke puts a hand on his shoulder to stop him. Alex turns to Luke and Luke shakes his head 'no' and puts up his finger and makes a circle with it, telling us to poof out basically. So we did.

"Dude, why'd you stop me? Julie needs a hug!" Alex said.

"Bro, a ghost hug isn't a feel-good moment that you think it is, alright? Trust me. What Julie needs right now is just a bit of privacy." Luke said, I half smiled. Why was he so worried about her needs?