No. 23

"Half Light" by Rostam

••

Hollywood, 2020 (Possibly Friday, October 2, 2020)
*Amelia's POV*
"No, I'm good." She scrunched her nose. The two bestfriends hug, and Alex and I look at one another and smile for the band bringing the two back together.

••

Hollywood, 2020 (Possibly Monday, October 5, 2020)
*Amelia's POV*
"We're playing a school dance? Sweet!" Reggie said, holding the flyer to Julie's school dance in his hand.

"It's not exactly the strip." Luke complained. Julie laughed a bit as she watered the plants.

"And you're not exactly alive, so maybe you should be happy we have our first gig." Reggie joked.

"Better than playing book clubs." I half smiled at Luke. "This time we're somewhere we're actually wanted. That's something?" I said.

"So we weren't wanted at the Orpheum?" Luke sarcastically asked.

"Clearly not since we died." I sarcastically said back, making Luke realize that he was being kind of ungrateful.

"I wasn't in love with the idea at first either, but it could be a great way for us to build a following, right?" Julie tried to lighten the mood.

"Yeah! Yeah, we need to play wherever we can and whenever we can." Reggie said, Luke nodding in agreement.

"No, you're right." Luke started at Julie and I, "Lets rock those kids' faces off and then play the clubs." He finished all pumped up now.

"And then record a single that gets a billion streams?" I added, pointing to Luke and Julie.

"I don't know what that is, but hopefully it gets us a manager and a tour." Luke joked. I've been looking up 2020 language/terms on Carlos' tablet to help understand Julie's sayings a bit better. Clearly it's working.

"And then we release a bunch of hit albums!" Julie adds.

"Ooh! And put out a country album that does surprisingly well?" Reggie asks. "I shred on the banjo.. so.."

"Then I'll learn how to fiddle!" Julie joked.

"And before you know it," Luke says leaning up from the piano, "we're being inducted into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame."

"But one of us isn't there!" Reggie starts, all of our faces drop to the story, "Because we had a blowout in 2032. My money's on Alex. He's just so sensitive." Julie laughs at Reggie's conspiracy.

"So what are we waiting for? Lets get rehearsing." Luke exclaims.

"Uh... Where is Alex?" I ask, can't have a rehearsal without our only drummer.

"His loss." Luke jokes and goes over to grab his guitar. We all say down and pondered for some ideas for lyrics.

"Luke, how about we do 'Finally Free'? The one we wrote?" I asked the boy who's allowing me to sit against him.

"Really?" He asks, jumping up like a puppy. "Julie, you'll love this one!" He grabs his song book containing the song, and shows her how the chords.