Missing

When we got back to the house, I started to cry. Eric saw me crying and he put his hand in the back of my head and pushed it into his chest.

"what are you crying for?" Eric asked in a soft tone.

"everything, it seems like everything I do, every choice I make It's the same. And I'm tired of making the wrong choices."

"Listen, sometimes the choices you make, teach you to be more aware. Experiences whether bad or good that happens in your life teach you lessons. It's up to you to choose how to go about them." Eric explained as he wiped my tears away.

What eric said really opened my eyes ad made me see the situation from a different perspective. Later that day I and Eric had finished the project and went into the living room to watch tv because he didn't have to leave just yet. As we were watching tv my dad came downstairs whining for my mother's name. He sounded very out of it. 

"Laura!!" My dad shouted.

I then heard a glass break and I immediately jumped up.

"Daddy what are you-"

I then saw that there was vomit on his shirt and he looked like he hasn't taken a shower in weeks and he was holding a bottle of alcohol. I felt embarrassed especially since Eric was there and he had to see that. My dad hasn't drunk like that since me and Landon were kids.

"Daddy, what happened?"

"who the hell is he?" my dad said with an angry expression.

"This is my...partner Eric. for a project were supposed to be doing for school, mom said it was ok for him to come over."

"Hi sir, I'm Eric O-" 

Eric was about to say something when my dad just interrupted him.

"I don't care about what your name is." My dad says as he slowly loses his balance.

"dad give me the bottle."

"What are you my mom?" my dad sarcastically asks as he starts laughing and wheezing at the same time.

I then got mad and try to snatch the bottle from his hand but he saw me and hit me with the bottle causing it to break. 

Eric's Point Of View:

I can tell just by looking at Ciara that she was embarrassed. She started biting her bottom lip. I don't like that she lives here knowing that her dad is like this. Ciara had asked her dad to give her the bottle and when he didn't she tried reaching for it and that bastard hit her on the head causing her to pass out. I lost control and snapped and punched Ciara's dad. Ciara's mom came at the moment Ciara's dad fell back onto the floor.

"Liam! What the hell is your problem." Ciara's mom shouted as she rushes to Ciara's dad.

"What's wrong with you? You were so worried about how your husband is doing you didn't even realize your daughter is laying on the floor unconscious. Ciara doesn't need this!" I shouted.

Ciara's mother then looks at her and tries to touch her but I push her hand out of the way and picked her up.

"I'm taking your daughter to the hospital." 

a few minutes later I get Ciara into the car and as I'm putting her seatbelt on I couldn't help but notice how beautiful she is and she doesn't deserve this. It angers me that I didn't do more to her father than just punch him. He deserves to go to jail. But that's gonna be Ciara's choice to tell them the truth about what happened. I don't want to get involved in her family business. Even though I want to so badly.

an hour goes by and Ciara is in the hospital bed with stitches in her head. the glass cut real deep. Ciara woke up finally. She slowly opened her eyes and squinted her eyebrows as she groaned in pain.

"easy ok."

"where are my parents," Ciara asked as she was slowly trying to sit up.

"exactly."

"Do you remember anything that happened?"

"yea, I was trying to take the bottle of alcohol away from my dad, but I was too slow and he hit me with the bottle," Ciara confessed.

"ok you have an option to tell them that, but your father could go to jail."

"It's already handled." We heard an anonymous voice say from the back of me.

it was Ciara's mom.

"When your father woke up, he realized what he had done and started to cry. He said ever since Landon died, he's hated himself. He lost his way, Ciara. So he started drinking more and more and sooner than later he got fired from his job. After that, he didn't want to know one to see him as a failure, he didn't want you to see him as one. so he stayed in his room and never really came out. He told me to drive him to rehab. He admitted himself so...that's the last of him. for now." Ciara's mother explained.

"I'm so sorry that I never showed how much I love you, but I hope you know that I do, with all my heart and I'm going to do better." Ciara's mother says as she tears up.

She walked over to Ciara and kissed her on her forehead and walked over to me.

"thank you for caring for my baby, She needs someone like you in her life."

She then hugged me and I just stood there looking at Ciara. I didn't hug her back because part of me didn't believe that she will change. I know it sounds weird but I just feel like once Ciara's dad comes back she gonna go right back to ignoring Ciara.

Her mom had grabbed her coat from the chair and left.

Ciara's Point Of View:

When my mom had left, Eric walked over to me grinning.

"Why are you smiling?"

"Cause your pretty."

the nurse then walked in to tell us something I guess.

"hi, so she will be fine, might have a couple of headaches here and there but other than that all she needs to do is rest for a week and she'll be ready to go back to school. She's allowed to leave as well her mother already took care of the payment so she's able to leave." the nurse explained.

"thank you." me and Eric said at the same time.

"can you get up by yourself?" Eric asked concerningly. 

"yes Eric." I chuckled.

"ok, I'll bring the car around." Eric says as he leaves out the door."

A few minutes later I get out of the hospital and I see Eric leaning on the side of the door I have to get on. I walked over to him and he started smiling as he looked down at me. 

"move so I can get in." 

"See I don't know, I think you'll have to move me Ciara parker." Eric says as he stares at me.

I then just stared at him hoping he'll move.

"come here," Eric says as he reaches out his hand asking for mine.

When I gave him my hand he intertwines his fingers with mine and pulled me into him. He lifts up my chin with his index finger and kisses me. after he kissed me he kissed my nose and moved over and opened the car for me. When we got to my house he asked if he could come in for a few more hours and lay with me. It was only 4:30 so I said yes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fast forward a week, I was able to go back to school. When I got to my first class I noticed I didn't see Ash. And Ms. Patterson looked like she was crying for hours. 

"Rosie what's wrong?!" 

"Ash, he's in the hospital. His father shot him." Rosie responded.

My body just became numb and my mind just went dark.