The day before December

Ciara's Point Of View: 

I took the kids into the room because I didn't want them to see any more of this. While we were in the room I was playing with Dylan and Max on their game while Ellie was watching something on my phone. As we were playing I heard a loud bang, as if someone fell on the floor.

"what was that?" Max asked Dylan as he flinched.

"I don't know but stay here ok? I'll be right back, stay here!" I said as I run out the door.

When I came out the door, all I saw was Ashton's hand in a fist and Ms. Patterson lying on the floor with her hand covering her face. It wasn't long until I figured out what happened. Ashton turned around to see me and he looked at his mom and started to tear up. I ran over to Ms. Patterson asking if she was okay and she responded with a lot of whining. I guess Ashton got overwhelmed and he left the house and drove off. 

"Grace what happened?!" 

"Ash, he got upset and hit her, but it was on accident, he didn't mean it." Grace stutters.

"Okay, I'm going to look for Ash while you go and get Rosie cleaned up." 

As I grab my jacket to head out I forget about the kids. Grace managed to get Rosie off the floor when I turned around and stopped her.

"can I trust you to be here with the kids alone for a few minutes? Your not really sober and you're still getting used to this. So can I trust you to watch them?"

"there my kids Ciara, and I know how to parent. Go find Ashton before he does something stupid." She responds.

When I went outside I saw skid marks from the car that was pointing left, so I automatically knew where he was heading.

I got an uber to that place that Ash had taken me when he first told me about his father. When I got out of the car I looked in the parking lot and I had seen Ash. He was sitting in his car looking down. I walked over and he had seen me heading towards him, he put his head back and rolled his eyes. I opened his car door and just looked forward.

"you know I'm spending a lot of money for you" 

"I'm not in the mood Ciara," Ash says bluntly.

"look Ash, It wasn't your fault okay? she was taunting you and being a complete ass"

"I hit her C. When I looked at my mom, she had the same look on her face when my dad would hit her. And the fact Rosie actually got to me just angers me." He responds.

"You're not your dad. you are nothing like him. Because you protect, love, and care for the people you love. And I know you didn't mean to hit her-"

"No! I don't hit woman Ciara. That's the point. My mom saw me hit another woman. What if she ends up being scared of me and never wants to come near me. I just got her back C"

I notice as Ashton was speaking his voice became real shaky and he was on the verge of breaking down. I didn't know anything else to do but grab him and hold him. He started to fall apart as I was holding him and telling me he was sorry. I was so shocked to see Ashton like this. He never really shows his emotions. I honestly feel like this meant something on a deeper level. Is it weird that I think he looks beautiful when he cries? too soon? Maybe. 

I then lift his head and go in the backseat and ask him to come in the back with me.

"what are you trying to do-" Ash asks.

"just come lay with me"

He then gets in the back and he lays on my chest. I wipe away his tears and I started playing with his hair. I could see him slowly calming down.