Y *16*

Y *16*

The next day, Ken and I started to study at 3:00 in the afternoon because our last subject teacher was absent.

We decided to study in the library. Besides, we have a lot of time to do that.

After we made it, we stood up and went outside of the campus together.

Water poured on the land the moment we got there all of a sudden.

"Fvck!" I cussed as I opened my purse to see what I can use to cover myself and Ken.

"Naku! Naiwan ko ang payong ko!" I heard Ken's voice.

"Damn it! Fvck this shit!" I yelled as I irritatedly zipped my purse.

Patuloy pa rin ang pagbuhos ng ulan so I held Ken's hand and ran towards the waiting shed I saw near to us with him.

"Shit! I am already wet!" I felt my eyebrows forming in one line.

"Ah Charlyn yung kamay ko," Ken softly said with a hint of hesitation in his voice.

I gulped and slowly ran my eyes down to my hands with him. I awkwardly let go of his hand then looked away.

Fvck! I feel my cheeks heated!

I heard him sighed so I turned my gaze back to him.

"Basa na yung mga notebooks at books ko. Pate papel," sadness written in his face as he took his things out of his bag, not minding his wet body.

Conscience quickly built inside me at the sight of him.

Kung hindi lang sana niya ako tinuruan ede sana hindi siya naabutan ng ulan at hindi mababasa ang mga gamit niya.

Again, I took my eyes off him to ease this feeling.

"Ah ipapahangin ko na lang sa electricfan para madry ulit."

I fastly looked at him. He is smiling right now as he is putting his things back in his bag. Conscience suddenly gone.

I can't help myself but to smile too while watching him. I swiftly looked away when he suddenly looked up and our eyes met.

Damn! He caught me staring at him! That was embarrassing!

I bit my lower lip out of nervousness. I can still feel his eyes on me and that's making my heart beat so fast as if I am in one race.

Wait! Why am I feeling this? I have never been this nervous before!

I felt my forehead creased at that thought.

Nakahinga ako ng maluwag nang mawala na yung tingin niya sa akin. I breathed out and I didn't even know that I was holding my breath!

I was caught off my guard when he turned his eyes back to me. I unconsciously looked back and stared at him too. My heart started to beat abnormally. The fast beat of my heart became triple. So fast as race!

His eyes slowly explored down to my body. He immediately looked away as I saw his throat move hard.

My eyebrows met, "Why?" I curiously asked, wanting to know why he acted like that all of a sudden.

"Ano.....yung ano mo....yung....," he stuttered, unable to pronounce the word.

"What?"

"Yung ano mo kase ano e."

Irritation is starting to build inside me, "Can you finish your words? And will you look at me? Don't you know you should look at the person you are talking with? That action of yours is showing impoliteness," I lectured him.

"Ano kase e—," he stopped as I held his shoulder to make him look at me. I felt how he was startled at my sudden action. His eyes widened out of shock.

Shockness immediately replaced embarrassment. I saw how his cheeks reddened and gulped hard. Just like a while ago, he swiftly looked away.

Tuluyan na akong nainis. And I was about to hold his shoulder again when he suddenly spoke.

"Yung dibdib mo kasi nakikita," he slowly said as he gulped so many times.

I stiffened, processing the words he said. My eyes widened as I slowly diverted my eyes to my chest. I gulped as I felt my whole body heated. I immediately fixed my uniform. I had a hard time doing that because my hand was trembling.

Silence embraced us the next thing happened. Our eyes nailed in front, in the rain.

Minutes ago, coldness hit me. I started to shake. I embraced myself using my both arms to lessen the coldness I am feeling and rubbed my palms to each other.

"Charlyn," Ken called me so I looked at him.

He was holding a jacket and extended it for me, "Suotin mo to para hindi ka masyado lamigin. Baka magkasakit ka kinabukasan," worried look visible in his face and I can feel the sincerity of his voice.

"But how about you? Don't you feel the same way?" I asked, asking the obvious because he's shaking too.

He shook his head twice, "Hindi ayos lang ako," he then smiled.

I stared at him, confirming if he was telling the truth. I sighed before I took his jacket.

I immediately wrapped myself a jacket. Agad na nawala ang lamig na nararamdaman ko so that my body stopped to shake.

When I learned that he has no plan to build a conversation between us, I decided to make the first move because this silence is slowly killing me!

"Ken," I called while my eyes on the roadway, watching the cars passing by with the rain.

I felt his eyes shift on me, "Bakit?"

I looked back and stopped for a moment when I remembered that I didn't know what to say.

Bullshit! What now? Anong itatanong o sasabihin ko? Stupid Charlyn! You decided to build a conversation with him but you didn't think what to ask first! Fvck this freaking brain!

I was just staring at him while him staring at me too, waiting for my words. Nagheheristical na ako dito sa kinauupuan ko dahil wala akong maisip na pwedeng itanong.

Think, Charlyn! Think! You shouldn't humiliate yourself especially in front of him!

I secretly calmed myself by inhaling and exhaling for me to think properly and for my brain to function properly.

It was effective because the idea suddenly popped up.

"Binubully ka pa rin ba ng mga classmates natin?"

"Paminsan-minsan na lang," he shortly answered.

I nodded twice, "I noticed that every time you get bullied, you just ignore them and don't fight back.You should protect and defend yourself. And don't let anyone foot you."

He smiled, "Tama ka. Kailangan natin protektahan ang ating sarili. At ang hindi pagpatol sa kanila ang paraan ko na pagproprotekta sa sarili ko. Kapag pinatulan ko sila, mas lalo ko lang silang gagalitin at lala ang sitwasyon," he paused, "Ang pambubuyo ay natural na nangyayari sa isang lugar lalong lalo na sa loob ng paaralan. Ang pinakamabisang paraan lamang para maiwasan ito ay wag silang pansinin at hayaan silang mapagod o magsawa. Katulad na lang sa sitwasyon ko. Napagod ang iba kaya iilan na lang ang nambubuyo sa akin."

"Pero paano kung hindi napagod o nagsawa yung mga natirang nambubully sayo? Hindi ka parin maghihiganti and just let them?" I fired back.

He nodded and his smile bigger, "Kung ganon man, ipapaubaya ko na lang sa panginoon ang magiging kapalit ng mga ginawa nila sa akin. Dahil kung maghihiganti ako, ibig sabihin non katulad nila ako."