B *14*

B *14*

Charlyn Zhasha POV

Around 9 in the evening, the little event ended.

I am in my car now, driving and heading to nowhere. Honestly, I was fidgeting on my seat.

I have a second thought if I will go back to the coffee shop where I left Ken or not.

There's inside of me saying that I won't go back there because he went home already. However, there's a big part of me that I should still go there. Something telling me that he's still there and my curiosity adding up to my urge to go back. And that is stronger than the first one so I drove off to the coffee shop.

I was shocked when I saw him there, sitting on the big stone. His eyes are on the way of the cars passing by, checking if it was me. I even saw him hitting his arm, maybe because there's a mosquito laid in his skin.

I don't know why I suddenly feel irritation at that view.

I fastly drove to him and stopped in front of him. I climbed down and slammed the door.

"Why are you still here?" bungad ko sa kanya. He was about to answer when I speak again, "Are you dull? It's close to 10. Why didn't you go home? Nilalamok ka na nga't lahat lahat at parang tangang naghihintay habang nakaupo, hindi ka pa rin umuwi," I irascibility and firmly said.

He stood up and fixed his eyeglasses, "Hinihintay kase kita," he softly answered.

My vexation added up to his answer. Napapikit ako and held my forehead then stared at him deeply.

"Paano na lang kung hindi ako bumalik? Magdamag kang maghihintay dito ganon? Bobo ka ba? Kung alam mong hindi na babalik ang isang tao, umalis ka na at wag ng hintayin! You're just making yourself pathetic!" I yelled out of annoyance.

He sighed and looked away, "Bumalik ka naman e."

I pulled my hair, "Paano nga kung hindi?! What if?! At paano kung mapahamak ka dahil sa paghihintay sa akin ha?! Ede konsensya ko pa?!" I really can't stop my irritation anymore.

He turned his eyes back to me, "Sorry," he sincerely apologized.

Sandali akong napatigil habang nakatitig sa kaniya. I looked away and took a large amount of air then breathed out.

"Go inside of my car," I ordered, pointing at my car.

"Saan tayo pupunta?"

"Sa bayan. Kakain ka muna bago kita ihatid sa inyo," yun lang and went to my car.

I started the engine and I irritatedly looked at Ken when he didn't move, "Ano ba?! Why are you still there?!"

"Wala kase akong pera pambili ng pagkain ko."

I rolled my eyes, "Who told you that you are the one who will pay for your food? Ofcourse I will treat you! Stupid!"

He walked up to me and came inside of the car. He carefully put on his seatbelt.

I fastly drove off and just minutes ago, we reached our destination.

I just parked my car in a vacant lot and we started to walk to restaurant when Ken speak, "Ah Charlyn sa Bubbles na lang tayo kakain. Hindi ako sanay sa mamahaling pagkain e."

I scowled and stopped, "Is there food nice?"

He nodded, "Oo. Masasarap ang mga pagkain doon at mura pa," he bragged with a smile plastered in his lips.

"Ok. You go ahead and I will stalk you from the back."

He followed what I said. More than a minute of walking, we made it.

I let him choose what he wants to have. He ordered BangSilog, which means Bangus plus Itlog, when I asked him what it was. May kasama na ring rice.

After a minute, his order came. Inaya niya akong kumain but I just told him that I already ate. He started to eat while I was just watching him.

Panay ang subo niya, sign that he's really hungry.

Again, vaxation hits me.

"Bakit ba kase hindi ka pa umuwi kanina? Yan tuloy gutom na gutom ka!" I felt my brows met.

He stopped from what he was doing and looked at me.

"Ang sabi mo kase hintayin kita at sumang-ayon ako. Pinanindigan ko lang ang salita ko at hindi ko ugaling hindi tumupad sa usapan."

Napatitig ako sa kanya dahil sa isinagot niya.

Ken......

After he ate, just like I said, I paid for his food.

We walked towards my car. Ken spoke again when we got there.

"Charlyn wag mo na lang akong ihatid sa bahay. Nakakahiya na kase. Ikaw na ang gumastos sa kinain ko tapos magsasayang ka pa ng gas sa paghatid sa akin."

I looked at him badly, "No. I will drive you home. Whether you like it or not," I said in final.

He had nothing to do but to agree with me.

Silent embraced us when we got inside the car and started to go to their house.

And this silence is slowly killing me.

I want to ask him to build a conversation between us. But fvck! I don't know what to ask!

I loosely breathed and I didn't have to think what to ask because he made it.

"Hindi na tayo nakapag-aral ngayon. Bukas ay mas agahan nating mag-aral para yung hindi natin na-aral ngayon ay pag-aaralin rin natin bukas at para hindi tayo maabutan ng gabi. Okay lang ba sayo?"

I nodded and swiftly looked at him then back to front.

"No problem for me. Sobrang luwang ng time ko so you don't have to worry about me. To be honest, sayo ako nawoworry. I know you are a busy person. You are the valedictorian of this batch. You have a lot of responsibility and things that you have to do. It's hard for you to divide the time you have."

"Tama ka. Pero kaya ko. Marami na akong ginagawa pero may oras pa rin akong makatulong sa iba," I saw in my peripheral vision that he smiled.

"Ken sakristan ka ba? I saw you in the church last Sunday," I asked when I remembered.

"Ah Oo. Ang totoo niyan ay naging choir muna ako bago ko naisipang maging sakristan."

"When did you enter?"

"Nong elementary ako."

"When did you become a sacristan?"

"Nong Enero lang."

I didn't comment and just nodded.

"Ah Charlyn ibaba mo na lang dyan sa kanto ng nasa harap."

I scowled and shifted my gaze on him, "Why? Is that your place?"

He shook his head, "Hindi. Pero malapit na dito."

"Malapit na pala ede ihahatid na kita doon."

"Hindi na. Nasa dulo kase yung bahay namin at marami ka pang bahay na madadaanan. Baka hindi pa magkasya ang kotse mo."

I sighed, "Sige."

I stopped my car to the place he pointed.

He took the seat belt off and before he went off, he faced me.

"Charlyn Salamat sa pagpapakain sa akin at sa paghatid. Mag-ingat ka sa iyong pag-uwi," nakangite niyang sabi at umalis na.