Negative Thoughts

"Alright class, we've arrived. Get off the bus."

The way back to U.A was carried out in complete silence. After the accident, class 1-A had regained the bus fairly quickly and climbed onto it. The class had taken one step closer to their dream, yet time wasn't at the celebration. And even, the atmosphere was heavy. None of the students, nor their teacher had said a single word. Even the explosive blonde, for once, remained quiet. Given his bellicose nature and the fact he didn't pass, it should have resulted in a complete outburst from him. But he didn't, which in itself was exceptional enough to be highlighted.

In the actuality, Katsuki only scowled at everything but people. He looked through the window and occasionally at a certain green haired boy he couldn't get rid of. It didn't matter right now.

At the front of the bus meanwhile, Momo had never let go of her boyfriend, not even for a second. All along the ride, she regularly had delicate and attentive gestures towards Y/n, in some desperate attempt to comfort him. She was glad he was fine- well, physically fine. Momo had many wondrous effects on him, but this time it tended to not be enough. He was completely broken from the inside.

Right now, he was insensitive to his girlfriend's soft touch. In fact, it seemed he was completely unaware of everything around him. He just stared. Gazing at nothing. To Momo's concern, it was the same look he got when he had his recently found moments of absence. From the very little bits and pieces she had figured out, and what happened earlier, it made it clear that All For One was the subject of his turmoil.

In order to keep an eye on him and use Erasure directly if ever something happened again, Shota was sitting next to the couple. His face gave a glimpse of enigma that was quite hard to decipher. From concern or confusion, one couldn't tell. Probably a bit of both. He was somewhat in the dark as to what really happened. All he remembered was a completely panicked Midoriya running at him and then he found himself staring at Y/n to cancel his quirk.

One thing he was sure of was that he had surely found someone else to call 'Problem Child'.

When the bus finally pulled in to U.A grounds, nightfall indicated the end of the day. The students departed from the bus and were told to directly head to the dorms. If not for Momo guiding him, Y/n wouldn't move anywhere.

The door to Momo's room opened and Y/n didn't think any further as he just walked inside. Momo turned at her teacher and the latter finally broke the silence that had reigned for so long.

"Yaoyorozu, with what happened earlier are you sure you can handle everything on your own?"

Shota Aizawa's attitude, for once, was likely protective instead of his usual, nonchalant demeanour that suits him so well. In the space of an instant, Momo questioned herself as if it was really her homeroom teacher in front of her. And while it was quite out of character for the depraved looking pro hero, she knew that over that cold facade her teacher remained caring nonetheless. Just as he showed it back at the meeting with the parents.

"Thank you for your concern, sir. But with all my respect, if there's one person that can handle him, it has to be me. Besides, I doubt he'll even speak to anyone else," she said, her voice assured but full of regret and sadness. She just wished none of that had ever occurred.

What happened next was Shota looking over Momo's shoulder at his student inside the room. Looking back at the Class President, he could tell by her look that it would be wiser to listen to her.

He rubbed his temples and sighed, whilst silently nodding. "I defer to your judgement. Just, if you need some assistance or if something ever happens, come for me."

"Thank you, sir. I'll inform you of everything once Y/n will be okay."

"I very hope so." Momo then watched as he walked away. Before she walked inside of her room, her eyes met Mina's, who gave off a weak, acknowledging smile before she sunk into her room.