An Interesting Turn of Events

A/N: I know, this has been nearly 5 months since the last chapter. This is so intolerable and I'm sincerely sorry about it. Truth is I've been experiencing the worst writer's block of my existence and for nearly 3 months instead of trying to get through it, I preferred to focus on writing other stuff that aren't even out yet either.

I said it multiple times but I'll say it again, I didn't plan to drop this story and I'm not going to ever so soon. What actually happens in the manga is just way too amazing and I can't wait to eventually get to writing that!

Now that this chapter is out, I can hopefully get back to an acceptable schedule and focus on writing the following of that story. For those of you who awaited for the upload, thank you very much, I'm forever in your debt. I hope you will all like the chapter although it has nothing particular compared to others...

...~MH~...

The droplets slammed against the glass, the sound it made being a pleasant melody. Meanwhile, Y/n's eyes were deeply focused on one of the said raindrops. He had chosen it beforehand, quite futile he admitted to himself, and was chasing it until it eventually reached the window sill.

"Are you watching the rain?" He averted his gaze to see Midoriya looking at him. It explained why the scratchings of pencil frantically scribbling against a notebook had stopped.

"I guess," he replied giving his friend a small smile. "What about you? What're you writing?"

"I'm making an entry on The Lurkers!" Midoriya was suddenly beaming at him.

To say, it wasn't every day the hero fanatic got to learn that pro heroes from the top of the Japanese billboard chart were teaming up. With Mt. Lady picking Momo up for her work study at Edgeshot's agency, he connected the dots and after asking, received confirmation from the heroine herself.

"There had been rumours for a while about their team up but with no official announcement I thought it was fake...See, although the team consists of only three heroes in its ranks, I hardly can think of a stronger team. The members are the No. 2 Hero, the No. 7 and the No. 23. This implies the team is strong and versatile! Did you know that muttermuttermuttermuttermuttermutter..."

Y/n grinned as Midoriya embarked on a spiral of rambling, as he always did when he lost himself in his thoughts full of hero analysis. 'If heroes were to have one fan around the world it'd be him,' he thought. "Midoriya..." he said calmly as to point out he was muttering again. In that aspect the One For All's ninth wielder wasn't ever going to change.

"A-Ah, sorry!" He bowed repeatedly at an alarming speed rate as if to apologise for having committed a crime. Eventually returning to normal, he went on, "Working under the No. 2 Hero is a golden opportunity. Yaoyorozu deserves it. Her quirk is incredible. And among the first years, even the school maybe, she's the smartest."

"And the most beautiful."

"Excuse me?"

"Nothing. Just saying you're right." There was a hint of pride in the way Y/n's lips twitched because of how his friend talked about her. It was within expectations that she was always able to construct a path to take her to victory.

Yaoyorozu Momo was so much more than a brilliant mind and a pretty face. She was kind and understanding, funny and gentle, elegant and cute at the same time. Y/n felt like the list could go on until he couldn't find any more words to describe her.

Was he biased because of his love for her?

Perhaps.

Did it mean she wasn't perfect in any way?