Sports Festival Starts

3rd person POV

It was already the day where the U.A Sports Festival, a world-famous event was about to start. It wouldn't be exaggerated to say the week passed fairly quickly for the students of class 1-A. Actually all of them including Mineta took the tournament very seriously, they all knew it would be a great opportunity to show their skills to pro Heroes so they couldn't screw that chance up.

However if the students evolved in a certain way, something that didn't evolve was the relationship between Y/n and Momo. Actually the two lovebirds kinda didn't see or talk to each other since the incident with Monoma. Not that the ravenette didn't want to, quite the opposite in all honesty. But every time she tried to call him she ended on the automatic messaging and every message she sent stayed as read. Y/n actually used his phone once in the week and it was to tell Edgeshot what happened at school. He what too ashamed of what he did to dare to talk to her or anybody else.

Actually he did want to see her, he missed her so much. He wanted nothing else than wrapping his arms around his girlfriend to take her into a deep embrace, feeling the soft and comforting warmth of her body. Or pressing his lips against hers. That's what the jet black haired girl probably would have wished for as well. One of her innocent looks would've been enough to make Y/n's heart-melting already.

But none of that actually occurred in the past week. And the reason why it didn't happen is that Y/n didn't want to hurt her. He couldn't control himself back then with Monoma and kinda blacked out. In no way he would have taken the risk to hurt Momo even if it was accidentally. Instead he just figured that training his quirk would help him to get better control on it. So he just sat down to the ground for hours, keeping his quirk activate for hours to over-exhaustion.

However the high exposition to the negative energy of his quirk earned him to have nightmares, well more than usual. Since his quirk manifested bad dreams became part of his daily, the doctors just said it was one of the possible side effects of his quirk and it was actually (and luckily) the only one he suffered since that time. So he just tried to deal with them but he usually woke up drenched of sweat and just was at the verge of the mental breakdown then.

Y/n's POV

I slam my hand against my alarm turning it off in the raw motion. I spin around in the bed to look at the other side of the bed only to see absolutely nobody... Of course I've been alone for the entire past week. I just let out a sigh before I snarl getting off the bed and heading to the bathroom where I take a quick shower.

Thereafter I head up to the kitchen and eat my breakfast scrolling down my phone. Not seeing Momo for a week sucked. And it was even worse that she let me a ton of messages to which I answered to none of them. She really worried about me back then but now she must hate me... And I can clearly understand, I mean I totally screwed up. I drop my phone on the table putting my head on my hands releasing a long and annoyed sigh. "Fuck me..."

Momo's POV

I awake in my bed, alone. I have to say that this week hasn't been the most joyful one I had so far. Having no news from Y/n just made me sad. I watch a few pictures we took together on my phone. I don't blame him, I'm just terribly worried and I hope he's fine.

"Anyway Momo, you'll see him today at school. Just get ready and go downstairs." I think to myself before I obligate. I get ready for school then go downstairs only to meet mom in the kitchen,

"Hey mom!" I say happily.

"Good morning Momo. Slept well? Are you ready for the festival?" She asks smiling widely at the sight of me walking into the kitchen.

"Hmmm, I think so." I hum shrugging. I feel quite confident since I trained hard among the week. "I mean everybody probably trained hard so I shouldn't be overconfident." I say as I pour some tea into my cup and start eating breakfast. Mom nods at my statement sipping her cup of tea.