Chapter 24

Katniss' POV

"I do." Peeta says with a huge smile, almost as big as mine.
"You may now kiss the bride." The pastor says.
Peeta pulls me in his arms and kisses me with passion, as I do the same. This is what has sealed our love. We were two people a minute ago, now we are one. We walk up the aisle with everyone cheering.
This all seems like a fantasy. With everything Peeta and I have fought through to be together, our special day has finally happened.
Peeta opens the car door for me, then hops in on the other side and drives off.
"I love you, Peeta." I say, tearing up.
"I love you, too. Katniss." He takes his hand and wipes the tear away.
We get back to the house to see my mother in the kitchen, preparing all the food. I pause mid-step. She walks up to me and embraces me tightly. I pat her back.
"I'm sorry," she whispers in my ear.
"For what?" I whisper back.
"Not being there for you..." She says choking up.
"It's okay." I say, getting out of the hug, not know what else to do. "Is there anything I can help you with, Mom?" She looks shocked by me calling her that.
"Uh... No I can manage. You can go get ready. Your guests will be here any time now." She says with a smile.
"Okay." Peeta leads me to the stairs, then sweeps me off my feet and walks up stairs with me in his arms.
I take my dark green evening gown out of the closet and went into the bathroom to change. The evening gown is the knee length like my wedding dress, but more comfortable.
"Knock knock." Johanna says walking in. "You look nice."
"Thanks... You too." And she really does. Her milk chocolate dress suits her well.
"How does it feel... To be married now?" She's asks with a slight smirk.
"Great actually. I just hope. I just hope no one comes in and ruins it."
"No one could ruin what you guys have."
I just shrug.
"Come on, we better get downstairs, everyone is waiting for you and Peeta."
We walk out of the bathroom and Peeta is standing there in black slacks, white button up shirt, and a black vest.
"You look very handsome." I say.
"Thank you. You look beautiful." I feel my cheeks turn hot.
"I'll..uh meet you guys downstairs." Johanna says, then leaves.
"Come here." Peeta says.
I walk up to him and he puts his hands around my waist. He gently puts his lips on mine. I wrap my arms around his neck.
"We should go downstairs." I mumble against his lips.
"Okay." He grumbles.
We walk downstairs hand in hand.
"Congrats you two." Annie says. Little Fin squeals. Peeta asks if he can hold him and Annie allows him.
I watch the way Fin looks at Peeta and how happy they both are.
I walk over to Haymitch and try to start a conversation, but all he can talk about is Peeta and I starting a family.
"I don't think I'm ready for that." I tell him and everyone else that asks about it.
The rest of the night goes by fast and before I know it, everyone is gone.
"That was nice." Peeta says walking upstairs. I've already changed into my pajamas. "Are you okay?" He sits next to me on the bed.
"Yeah." I smile. "It's just been a long day."
"That it has, but well worth, I'd say."
"Yes it was, but I'm exhausted."
"Alright. You go ahead and sleep and I'll go clean up."
"Can you do that tomorrow?" I ask quietly.
"Of course." He says withs a smile. "I'll go change and be right in."
I nod and pull the covers over me and wait. This one thought keeps running through through my head. Two different voices telling me do make different decisions.