Chapter 27

Katniss' POV

I can feel Peeta starring at me.
"How long have you known?" He asks, his voice slightly cracking.
"Six weeks." I whisper.
"Why would you keep this from me?"
"I was going to tell you, I promise, but then..."
"What, Katniss? Just say it!" He says angrily, making me feel even more guilty.
"My mother said there was a sixty-four percent chance the baby wouldn't live. I didn't want you to be disappointed if I lost it." I choke the last sentence out. I still avoid his eyes. I look at his cheeks and see one tear slowly rolling down his cheek.
"Katniss-" he starts, but I stop him with my lips colliding with his.
"Don't say sorry. I'm going to make sure this baby makes it." I say, reassuring him with a small smile.
"I know you will."
We both lay down; he has one arm wrap around my shoulder and his other hand locked with mine, protecting our child. I lie there, thinking about how our life is about to change.
Will I be the mother this child needs? Wants?
"Always." Peeta mumbles. I look up at him to de he's asleep.
"Always." I say and slowly fall asleep happy.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Woah! Two chapters in one day.😱 oh my gosh! What if Katniss does lose the baby?😰 that would be awful! Have a good night everyone!