Chapter 31

Katniss' POV

"Ow, Rye! Stop pulling my hair!" Willow shouts upstairs.

Willow and Rye are four years old now. Who knew they would fight so much?

"Rye and Willow, get down here right now!" I yell from the kitchen. Pit pat their feet go down the stairs.
"I'm gonna win!" Willow laughs.
"No way!" Rye yells.
"I win!" They shout in unison.
"Rye, Willow, will you cut it out? You're giving me a head ache." I say, cutting some carrots.
"Yes, Mommy. We're sorry." Willow say sadly.
"It's okay. No need to get sad." I look up at her and see tears welling up. "Oh, come here, Willow." I give here a hug. "You two can go back and play. Just quieter and with out pulling each others hair," I say eyeing Rye. His face becomes bright red.
They both run off.
"Oof!" A deep voice says. "Here comes the tickle monster!" Peeta's home. "Ahhhh, Daddy, stop!" Willow screeches.
Peeta walks in the kitchen with Willow over his shoulder. Her legs flailing all over the place. Peeta continues to tickle her with a big smile.
"Stop, Daddy, please!" Willow pleads.
"Okay." Peeta sets her on the ground and she races upstairs.
"Hi, Katniss." Peeta says, kissing my temple.
"Hi," I say.
"You okay?" He asks.
"Yeah." I whisper.
"Katniss, look at me... Katniss, please. What is it?" He takes the knife from my hand and lift my chin to meet his eyes.
There lay his blue eyes meeting mine.
"I have a slight headache is all. No need to fuss. I'll be fine."
"Okay," he sighs. "So what's for dinner?"
"Chicken soup."
"Alright. Is there anything I can help with?"
"Will you finish the soup off? It just needs the carrots and salt and pepper."
"Of course. You go rest."
"Okay." I walk to the couch, lay down and think.
You need to tell him. One part of myself tells me.
Don't worry, it won't hurt him since he doesn't know. The other part tells me.
I decide to go with my first instinct. I'll tell him tonight.
Soon after I decide that, I fall asleep.

I wake up in my bed, and see Peeta walking in.
"I just put the kids to bed." He says, laying next to me.
"You should have woke me." I croak.
"There was no need. They went to bed easily."
Now's the time to tell him.
"Peeta, there's something I need to tell you."
"What is it?" We both sit up and I look down and fumble with my fingers.
"I was pregnant." I mumble.
"That's gre-"
I stop him from finishing.
(This is made up!!!! Idk if this can actually happen with what you are about to read)
"It's not great... I lost the baby and because of the slow decay, my body turned it into cancer." I hold the tears back.
"Wh-what?"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Alright! That's it! This is the end of this fanfic. Make sure to stay tuned for the sequel on Willow and Rye's life. I think it will be a five part sequel.