Chapter 29

Peeta's POV

I make Katniss take a bath to relax her muscle and hope her anxiety will settle.
That night, I can't sleep. I think of how our kids will learn how to paint, hunt, bake, but without having to worry about The Games or wars developing.
Katniss is mumbling things, but I can make out what she is saying. Soon she starts quivering, then stops moving all together.
"Katniss." I whisper and gently move her hair from her face. Her eyes barely open.
"Peeta, where are the kids?" I want to laugh at the remark of her question, but she seems serious.
"Katniss, they're still inside of you, you have two more months until you give birth." I say with a slight smile.
"Oh," she says embarrassed.
"Did you have a nightmare?"
She nods her head.
"Don't worry, when our kids join the world, they will be protected by us. They will be just fine. Alright, Katniss?"
She fell back asleep.
And I decide to do the same.
*1 week until Katniss' due date*
Katniss' POV

It's October 7th. Peeta barely lets me do anything, because it's so close to my due date. It it were my choice, I'd be in the woods right now, but I'm in 'too delicate of a state' according to Peeta to be out there.
Being in the house is too boring, so after a long debate, I convinced him to let me come to the bakery with him everyday. I've learned a little more about baking. Still not the best, but I can now make a loaf of bread.
"Katniss, are you ready? I don't want to be late!" Peeta shouts from the bottom of the stairs.
"I'll be right down!" I holler. Putting on shoes isn't the easiest thing with a stomach that's bigger than two watermelon, but I eventually get them on.
"Peeta!" I start breathing heavily.
"What is it?" He says coming in the room.
"It's time." I manage to get out.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Everlark is love.
Everlark is life!
Please comment and vote. Sorry it took me so long to update! Please comment if you think I'm moving too fast. Also I think this is fanfic is about to end. Tell me if you want a sequel on Katniss and Peeta kids life. Okay i think that's it. Byeeeee!👋