Chapter 25

Katniss' POV

I force the thoughts out of my head and fall asleep before Peeta can come in.
In my dreams, I see a something I've seen once before; Peeta and a little. Running in the meadow. Where Prim and I used to play.
"Katniss? Katniss. Katniss."
Peeta is shaking my shoulder.
"What?" I murmur.
"You were mumbling my name in your sleep. Are you okay?" Even in the dark, his eyes sparkle. But they are filled with concern.
"Yeah, I'm fine." The image of the little boy keeps popping in my head. "Everything is just fine."
I say as a smile grows and I sit up.
"What were you dreaming about?"
The questions strikes me. I can't tell him about me wanting a family. I'm even sure if I truly do. It was just a dream. Something made up.
"Nothing important." I know he knows I'm lying, but he accepts the answer. We lie back down and go to sleep.
Days to weeks to months, Peeta and I are living our married life day to day, changing something small everyday to make it more exciting.
"Katniss, I'm going to the bakery." In those months, Peeta has worked hard and rebuilt his bakery. Now he has something to keep him busy on days like today.
"Alright. I'll be there in a while." I say nervously.
I listen for the door to shut, then rush out of the house, and into the woods.
"Johanna!" I pant.
"Over here, brainless!" She waves her arms. I jog over to her. "What's the important news?" She asks. So I tell her.
"Are you serious. You need to tell Peeta now. Come on." She takes my arm and we run to the bakery.
"Bread boy! Your wife has something to tell you." Johanna shouts then scrambles out of sight.
"What is it? Peeta says rushing up to me. "Are you hurt?"
"No, but I need to tell you something." I take a deep breathe. "Peeta," I start.