Chapter 18

Katniss' POV

I slowly walk up to Johanna. Johanna is kissing him.
"Hi Johanna. Hi Gale."
They release the kiss quickly.
"Oh hi Katniss. Hi Peeta."
Johanna hugs me awkwardly. "It's so nice to see you two. It's been so long." "Too long Johanna. Too long." Peeta hugs her.
"It must of been a long trip. If you want, you can come back to our place. Unless you two had plans."
It feels so weird to be talking about Johanna and Gale being together.
"I was going to stay with Gale. I didn't want to intrude."
"Oh okay. Well dress fitting is Friday. Suit fitting is on Thursday Gale." "I'll be there." They say that in unison. "
See you then I guess." Peeta takes my hand and we walk back to the car. It was a long car ride home.

*that night while they're eating dinner*

"Katniss you need to eat."
"I'm not that hungry."
"Katniss you need to eat."
"I know but I'm not sure why, but it bothered me to see Johanna and Gale together. Not that I have feelings for Gale. You're the only man I love. But I never thought they they could end up together."
"I understand. When Johanna and I were in the Capitol together, we became very familiar with each other's screams."
I never knew that. I guess we don't know each other as well as we thought. "Let's go watch a movie." He says changing the subject.
"Okay." That night we watched 4 movies and were up until 3 am.

Peeta's POV

*Thursday afternoon*
"Katniss I'm leaving to get my suit." I shout, not knowing where she is. M"You know I'm right here." she says laughing coming down the stairs. "Sorry. I didn't know where you were and I didn't want you to worry about where I was."
"I knew that you are going to get your suit. I'm the one that set up."
"Oh, you're right. I better get going. I don't want to be late. I'll see you tonight."
"No you won't" I look at her confused. "Why won't I?" She passes me a bag I didn't see her carry down.
"You are staying at your house tonight, and every night up until t we get married. Oh and we will not be seeing each other either until that time."
She smirks.
"And when was this decided?"
"None of your business. Now get along I love you. I'll see you Sunday." she says shoving me out the door.
"Okay. I love you too." With that she shut the door. I walk over to my house and put my bag up. ThenI walk over to Haymitch's and knock on the door. It takes a few minutes before he opens the door.
"Oh is it already Thursday?"
"Yeah. And we need to go now." "Okay." Even though he didn't know what day it was, he was dressed in descent clothing and seemed for the most sober.
"I'll drive." he says as we get in his car. We get there in about 15 minutes. I stand right in front of the store and take a deep breath.
"Come on Peeta." Haymitch says nudging me towards the door. I open the door, letting Haymitch go first. I walk in behind. There is a lady at the front desk.
"Hello gentleman. My name is Michelle. How may I help you two today?" Michelle looks like she is 34 years old. She is wearing a dark grey high- waisted skirt with a long sleeved white button up shirt. For shoes she has black flats.
"Yes my name is Peeta Mellark. I had a suit fitting scheduled." She looks down at her book and says
"oh yes, Mr. Mellark and Mr. Abernathy. Right this way." She leads us down a long hall and into a room filled with every color and size suit imagined. "I'll be with you in just a moment."
"This reminds me of the Capitol. All of the ugly clothing colors that no one wears except for in the Capitol."
"Yeah, it sure does."
We take a seat in the two chairs set up in the middle of the room.
"Alright, are you ready to get fitted?" Michelle says walking back in. "Who is going first?"
"I guess I will." Haymitch says looking over at me. I think he can tell I'm a nervous wreck. I can't imagine what I will be like come Sunday. She gets Haymitch done really quick.
"You ready Mr. Mellark?" "
Yeah."
"Okay. Come stand on this platform and I'll get all of the measurements." I stand as still as possible so she can get the right numbers. I don't want to do this again. It feels weird having a girl other than Katniss this close to me. "Are you almost done?"
"Yes sir. That was my last measurement. The Suits will be ready on Saturday."
"Okay, thank you for your time." We walk of the store without another word and get in the car.
"Peeta are you okay? You seem uncomfortable."
"It just felt weird being around other people. Another lady. I've spent so much time with Katniss. I don't know, it was just awkward."
"Oh I see." I didn't know how to nor did I want to respond so I didn't. It was silent the rest of the ride. We pull into the village and get out. I start making my way towards my place.
"I thought you were living with Katniss?"
"I am. Just not for the next few days." "Man that girl sure knows how to get her way." he laughs.
"Yeah she does, but I still love her."
"I know you do." I just give a slight smirk and walk into my house. It's just the way I left it. I go ahead and take my bag upstairs and unpack my clothes. It doesn't take long. I walk back downstairs and make me some dinner and watch tv until I fall asleep.