Chapter 28

Katniss' POV

*3 months later*
I have this aching pain from the baby moving so much. Peeta tells me that he or she will be just like me; I hope that's not true. I want this child to have an unknown innocence, just as Peeta does. Not an aggressive mind, with an uncontainable kindling fire.
I hear a knock on the door, but Peeta makes sure I stay put on the couch as he answers the door.
"Hello," he greets.
"Hello, Peeta." My mother says walking in. Then she notices me. "Hi, Katniss. How are you feeling?"
"Fat." I say, annoyed.
"I felt that way with you, but your father helped me through it. And I imagine Peeta is helping you through this."
Why did she mention my father? All I see is an explosion, blowing everyone I love to bits.
"Yeah, he is." I say, faking a smile.
"Well, let's get to checking on this child of yours." My mother sits next to me, and opens her small medical bag.
She puts on her stethoscope and places it on my stomach. Peeta takes my hand. I didn't realize he was sitting next to me. I guess I'm too tangled up in my nerves.
"I have some good news." My mother says , puts the stethoscope away.
"What is it?" Peeta asks.
"You're having twins." She says with a huge smile.
Twins? I wasn't even sure I could handle one child, but now I'm having two?
"How come we didn't know this before?" I ask.
"I never caught the two heart beats." My mother replies with.
"Well, this is great news, don't you think, Katniss?" Peeta says enthusiastically.
"Yeah," I say softly. "I'm kinda tired. I think I'll go rest for awhile." I say, then get up and walk upstairs before anyone can say anything. I don't go to the bedroom; I go to the bathroom and lock the door. I slowly slide down the door and start crying. I don't know where these tears came from, but they won't stop flowing. Pull it together, I tell myself.
I'm not sure how long I'm here before Peeta knocks on the door. "Katniss, will you let me in?"
I don't answer. I move to the other side of the bathroom, incase he picks the lock, which he does. He takes a seat next to me and stays silent for a few minutes.
"Are you okay?" He eventually asks.
"No," I mumble. I am barely hiding my face in between my knees.
"You know I'll be here with you through it all, right?"
What is he talking about? Of course he will. I know that.
"Yeah..."
"Then, please show me that you still trust me." I look up at him; his eyes filled with hurt. I did that. There is only one way I know to show my trust; a kiss. And I do just that. It happens once more; that stirring in my body that makes me want more.
"I trust you, Peeta Mellark." I say, smiling.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Awe, Everlark at its finest!😍😍
But woah, not only are we getting one Everlark baby, but now two!😱😍
Remember, comment predictions and to vote for more!☺️