Chapter 26

Peeta's POV

Katniss looks tense.
"How about you come back here and take a seat, and then you can tell me the news." I suggest.
"O-okay..." She stutters out.
I lead her to a stool in the back of the bakery and sit on the other stool across from her.
"Peeta," she says quietly. She says the rest of the sentence quietly, I don't hear her.
"What was that last part?"
"Your going to be a father..." She say a little louder. I sit there stunned.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes. My mother says I'm two months along." She has a look on her face that tells me that she is scared, nervous, and concerned.
"That's great!" I say, picking her up and spinning around. A small smile grows on her face.
"Are you really happy?" She asks, after I set her down. I can see her hands shaking.
"Happy? I'm more than happy, I'm ecstatic, Katniss!" Her smile grows wider.
I can tell there is something else bothering her. "Is something else bothering you?" I ask, placing my hand on her shoulder.
I think she's contemplating (woah! big word alert!😂🚨)on how to tell me.
"No. I'm just relieved that you know now."
"I am, too. I know your going to be great mother."
Katniss stays at the bakery with me until closing. The walk home was astonishing. The sun was setting beautifully. But the light hitting Katniss, is even better. I
"Katniss, stay here." I say right outside our front door. I rush inside and grab paint, brushes, easel, and a canvas. I come back out and she has her hands on her stomach while looking out at the meadow.
"Perfect." I say, startling her. "Just stay there."
"Okay."
"Done." I say, satisfied after an hour of working on it.
"May I see?" She asks, walking up to me.
"Sure."
Her grey eyes stare in awe.
"This is beautiful, Peeta."
She look back it.
"Why did you add a bump?"
"Because, I realized you have one."
She looks down and moves her hands off her stomach.
"Is this really how you see me, Peeta?"
"Yes. Expect this plus more." She blushes.
In bed that night, I notice Katniss is all tensed up.
"You okay, sweetheart?" I ask.
"There's something I need to tell you..."
"Okay," nerves are coursing through my body. "You can tell me anything."
"I-" she closes her eyes. "I've known I've been pregnant for awhile. I just didn't know how to tell you..."
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

😱😱😱 Why would Katniss hide this from Peeta?😰 Is something wrong?😁😁 comment predictions and please vote!😘