Chapter 5

Peeta's POV

*21 days later*
I wake up and realize that today is the day I can go and see Katniss, my one and only love. Yesterday I took my last pill. I'm glad I'm done, I hate taking pills. If it weren't for Katniss, I wouldn't have gotten through them. I just thought everyday about how much closer I will be to seeing her beautiful face again.
I get up and go take a shower. I take a nice warm shower, not to hot and not to cold. It feels wonderful on my skin. I get out and put on a pair of blue jeans and a white t-shirt. I go downstairs and bake. Once the things cool down, I start to think where Katniss would want to go for a date. Then it hits me, the woods. I walk around in the woods for about an hour and I finally find a spot. We will have our picnic right next to a beautiful pond. I spend the rest of the morning and afternoon setting up a romantic picnic spot.

Katniss' POV

I wake up with a huge smile on my face. Today is the day! I hope at least, the day that Peeta will come and visit me. If so, I want him to hold me in his strong arms, the only arms I've ever felt safe in since my father died. When I'm in his arms he will whisper sweet things in my ear, it will be perfect.
Last night was one of the best dream I had in forever. It was about Peeta running in the meadow with our kids. It was a beautiful sight.
I get out of bed and get in the shower. I make the water so hot that it almost burns my skin, but I love the feeling. I get out once the water starts to feel cold. I walk into my closet to try and find something descent to wear. And then I see it right in front of me. It's a sunset orange V-neck dress. I put on the dress and then go blow dry my hair. I decide to curl my hair, I don't think I have stopped smiling since I woke up. I'm just to excited! I put on some silver eyeshadow, black eyeliner, and a little mascara. Once I'm all ready I go to my closet and grab a pair of silver flats. I bring them downstairs and put them by the front door. I take a look at the clock and realize it's only 2:30. Well this sucks, I was hoping it would take me longer to get ready. I guess I'll just sit on the couch, and hoping tonight will be the way I wanted it. Just me and Peeta. I must have dozed off cause I was startled by on the front door.

Peeta's POV

Once everything is set up and just right, I head back home and get ready. I put on black slacks, a white dress shirt, a black dress jacket, and a green bow tie. I know that green is Katniss' favorite color. I go downstairs and pack all of the food up and head out the door.
I don't know why, but the closer I get to Katniss' house the more nervous I get. Maybe I'm afraid she is still mad at me. I get up the front porch steps, take a deep breathe and knock on the door. It take a minute or so and the front door finally opens. I see Katniss. She looks.... Beautiful! I can tell I woke her up cause she still has sleepy eyes and adjusting to the light.

Katniss' POV

I get up and open the door. It's Peeta! He's just looking so handsome, and here I am looking sleepy. Now I'm really regretting that nap. After a few minutes of silence I speak up.
"Hi Peeta." I say with the slightest smile while tucking my hair behind my ear.
"Hi Katniss." I can tell he is nervous, but why would he be nervous.
He has such a special way with words.
"How are you?"
"I'm fine." I'm trying so hard not to laugh, he is too cute when he is nervous. I jump right into his strong arms that I've missed so much, and hug him right dreading the moment we will have to part. He soon gets as tight of a grip on me that I have on him. This feels good, this feels right.
After about five minutes we start to loosen and let go of each other.
"Come on, I have a surprise for you. First you have to put on this blindfold."
"Okay, but first let me get my shoes, they're right here." I go and slip on my shoes and then Peeta puts the blindfold on. Peeta is the only one I can trust with a blindfold on.

Peeta's POV

I get the blindfold on Katniss and ask "How many fingers am I holding up?"
"How am I suppose to know, I can't see your fingers." she says fiercely at me.
"Sorry I just...."
"No need to apologize. I'm just glad you can't see anything." I hear her slightly giggle. "Go ahead and hop on my back, so you don't trip or anything." I tell her right before we get to the longs grass.
I know she will be able to tell where we are just by the feeling of the grass. She agrees, of course the whole way she is either blowing on my neck or ear or messing with my hair. I don't mind though, anything to keep her from asking questions. We finally arrive by the lake. I put her down and take off her blindfold.