Chapter 2

Peeta's POV

I've been in the Capitol for rehab for almost a year now, and have hated every second of it. Everyday I think about the conversation I had with Gale in the cellar at that weird shop. When Gale said that Katniss would have to choose who she couldn't live without, that really surprised me. I know he has very strong feelings for her, as do I. But when I asked her if she loved me real or not real, she did say real.
I miss her so much, but I couldn't take the chance of hurting her, not now. I want to make sure I'm fully recovered before I see her again.
As I'm thinking about this, the doctor came in.
"Peeta, Are you alright?"
"Yes, I'm sorry. I was trying to sort out all my thoughts. I didn't even hear you come in." "You don't have to apologize Peeta, I know this past year has been tough for you. Anyhow, I have some good news."
"What is it?" I asked excitedly.
He responded with "Your last test came back..."
"And?" I asked to quickly.
"It came back cleared. You can go home now!"
"Really, I can't believe it! I'll never have to experience these stupid hallucinations again." "Well, we don't know that for sure Peeta. Just in case , I have a pill that you need to take everyday for 30 days. After that you won't have to worry about hallucinating anymore." "Alright, so when can I leave?"
"Right after the nurse brings you your medicine."
"Okay, thank you for everything that you have done for me. I just have one more question... How is Johanna?"
"She left quite awhile ago, and haven't heard from her since. I would assume she is fine though."
"Okay, thank you!"
As soon as the nurse came and gave me the medicine, I got out of that hospital as quick as possible. I then went straight to the train station and took the next train to District 12.

Katniss' POV

... Madge. Before I could get a word out, she had her arms around me, embracing. Once she let go I had no idea what to say, it had been so long since I've seen her. She finally broke the silence.
"Katniss, how have you been?"
Still stunned, I reply with " Oh, um, uh just fine. How about yourself?"
"Great! I'm sorry, is there something wrong?" She asked looking confused.
"No... no it's just that I haven't seen you in such a long time."
"I know. I probably should have called first, but I wanted it to surprise you!"
"Well, you did just that." We both let out a slight giggle.
"So, where is your mother and that sweet Prim?"
"Oh, um my mother moved to District 8, an- and..." Tears start to well up in my eyes. "Katniss, what's the matter? Where is Prim?" Madge asked with a concerned voice. "Sh... she was killed." At this point, I couldn't hold it in anymore and I started bawling so hard that my vision became a blur.
Madge walked me over to the couch in the living room. She gave me a few minutes to pull myself together. Once I dried my eyes, for the most part, she asked, "How was she killed?"
"G-ga-Gale did it."
"What? How and why would he kill sweet little Prim?"
"It was with a bomb he developed himself."
"I'm so sorry, Katniss. I had no idea you were going through this."
"It's okay, it isn't your fault."
After awhile of just small talk, Madge left. I went straight back upstairs, locked myself in my room and started to bawl my eyes out again.