23.

this chapter has been edited and updated. enjoy!xx

harry

This was it. Today was the day my album came out.

I wasn't sure how I would wake up the morning of the release, if I would be nervous or excited or absolutely freaking out, maybe even all three. But before I could determine how I was feeling, I checked my phone and found a text from Luz waiting for me. I'd gone to bed quite early last night, having spent the day with my mum and sister and then at the venue for tonight, working out some last minute kinks for the show.

I feel like I almost subconsciously ran around all day with my family and my team so that I would just collapse into bed, too tired for nerves or excitement.

Looking down at Luz's text, I felt my face break out into a grin. She was clearly drunk when she sent the text, based on her misspelled words and her overall "mushy," as she liked to call it, message.

My Luz: hiiii babieee i hearrd a sng tday and it made methink of youu:)))

My Luz: u fking gliterrry bitch u

My Luz: i love you babby gooodniiight xxxx

I had to cover my mouth to keep myself from laughing out loud. I don't know what she got up to last night, but it seems like she had a good time. The thought made me happy, even if I wasn't there to be a part of it. It felt incredibly cheesy, and she would definitely punch me on the shoulder if I said anything like it to her face, but Luz's happiness brought me an insurmountable amount of joy as well. I never wanted that feeling to go away, ever.

Before my thoughts could spiral into a gooey mess of hearts and cupid's arrows, I heard a knock on my bedroom door. "You up, darling?"

My mum poked her head through the door when I answered her, two cups of what I assumed was tea in her hands. I sat up as she came to sit down at the edge of my bed.

"Good morning, sweets. How you feeling this morning?"

"Thanks," I said, taking one of the mugs from her. I hardly ever had tea anymore because I could never quite get it right, and her tea always reminded me of home. Of her. "Pretty good, I think. I have a good feeling about tonight."

"It's going to be amazing, I just know it," my mother agrees, taking a sip of her own tea, chamomile most likely.

We discuss our plans for today, everything that has to get done before the performance tonight. When I ask about whether or not she and Gemma will be coming to the venue early with me or later, she says they'll be by later. "We've decided to have a little mother-daughter day. Get our nails done and all that before your big night."

My mum leaves me to get ready for the day, saying she's going to wake up my sister. I get out of bed and meditate for a little bit, taking any nervous energy I have and turn it into something a little more positive.

Meditated, showered, and dressed, I decide to phone Luz. It takes a few rings, but she eventually picks up.

"Hey," she says, sounding a little out of breath. "How are you?"

"I'm good. Did you just get back from a run?" I ask, slightly surprised by her heavy breathing.

"I did, yeah. Felt good this morning and it wasn't too cold outside, so I thought, why not, you know?"

Her words had me stunned a little bit. From the text she sent me late last night, she should at least have a headache, if not a hangover. I was a little jealous of the fact that she could bounce back so quickly from a night of drinking.