35

this chapter has been edited and updated. enjoy!xx

harry

"What are you doing, lovey?"

Coming out of the bathroom attached to my bedroom, I found Luz sitting up in my bed. She was wearing one of my shirts, and her hair was a little all over the place from my hands running through them. Her lips, still a little swollen and pink were curved in an amused grin as her eyes flicked across the screen of her phone. When I repeated my question, Luz's eyes flitted to where I was standing by the door.

I wanted to capture this moment, to remember the way her bare legs stood out against the stark white sheets of my bed, how her cheeks seemed to flush when she saw me, bare save for the black pants I had on. Luz bit her nail, lips puckering slightly as she did so. She waved me over, patting a spot on top of the twisted and rumpled bed sheets. I walked over to the bed slowly, smiling to myself as I felt the heat of her gaze track my movements. Settling between her legs, I looked at Luz expectantly, waiting for her to answer me.

"Your fans keep tweeting me embarrassing pictures of you. It's very entertaining." I ask her to show me, and she does, handing her phone over without protest.

I find myself scrolling through her Twitter feed, where there were in fact images upon images of me- in interviews, on stage, walking around on the street- caught with an expression that's less than attractive. As I continued to scroll, I realized that all of this started because Luz tweeted a picture of her own. It was during our trip to Big Sur. I didn't even know she had taken pictures that night, but there I was, mid-song during my karaoke session at the little bar we went to.

"You think you're funny," I say when I hand her phone back.

"Only a little," Luz digresses, pinching her fingers together. "Your fans are the real comedians. You should see the stuff they like to say about you."

"Look!" Luz gasped. "This one's from when you were in school."

She flips her phone around to show me the photo, and I shake my head, slightly embarrassed. I don't even know how some of these even make it onto the Internet.

"Harry, you were so cute. A little dorky, but very cute."

I raise my eyebrow at her admission, my thumb grazing the piercing in her belly button. "Oh yeah? And what about you?"

"Oh, I was a total nerd," Luz says, but I don't believe her. "I'm serious!" She says when she notices my skeptical look. "I was either in the library or on a field playing soccer somewhere."

"You were a jock," I say flatly. "I bet you have one of those varsity jackets that are a staple of American television."

Luz laughs and her head tips back, revealing the hickey on the base of her neck in full. "I'll have you know that I didn't play for my high school."

"No?"

"No, I was being scouted by the National Team and I couldn't juggle both."

"So, you were a professional jock," I say, teasing her now.

Luz sends an exasperated look my way, but it's half-hearted. Before she can go back to her phone, I press a kiss to her knee. "So, what do you think? Would young Harry and young Luz be friends?"

"In school?" She asks, and I nod. Luz tilts to her head to the side, thinking about it. "I'm not sure, actually. I was really quiet. Brendan was really my only friend."

"Hm. I think that I would win you over with my irresistible charm," I admit, drawing a finger across her knee. Luz raises an amused brow, considering my admission.