24.

this chapter has been edited and updated. enjoy!xx

luz

I meant to meet Harry at the Forum on time, but of course, that just was not in the cards.

Niall was still asleep on the couch when I left for a run this morning, and I didn't have the heart to wake him up and send him on his way. When I got back, Harry had called me, and I was so caught up in talking to him I almost missed a little note from Niall in his barely legible scrawl thanking me for letting him sleep in and that he'd text me later. There were of course expletives and name-calling, but that was just Niall and me. I was used to it.

Then, obviously, my siblings called after I got off the phone with Harry this morning to tell me that they were running late. That phone call was very different to my conversation with Harry, filled with loud music and chatter from Marissa and Sebby in the background. Rox explained that they'd accidentally woken up late and then they were running around trying to find something for me to wear.

"Me?" I'd asked, a little perplexed.

"I know you, Luz. You'll go to this concert in a pair of jeans and a hoodie, and I will not have that."

My jaw dropped at Julia's words, having left me utterly speechless. I mean, I loved wearing anything casual, that wasn't a secret. But I wasn't going to show up in something like that tonight. I told her as much, but Julia insisted that she had something cooked up for me. I knew Julia had a love for fashion, so I trusted her to dress me up like I was her doll for the night.

I hung up with my siblings a few minutes later after working out a few of the finer details of today-lunch, meeting with Harry, and getting ready for the concert. We'd decided to get ready at the Forum, which I had cleared with Harry when he called me earlier today asking me to meet him for his soundcheck. It made sense in reality. Northridge, which is where I live and go to school, is about a forty minute drive to the Forum. I didn't want to chance anything tonight.

Lunch was a whole other ordeal. It was supposed to be real quick, in and out. Literally, we went to In-N-Out so that everything would be quick and easy. Then, a couple of fans had spotted my siblings and I having lunch at one of the tables inside.

I noticed them when I was at the counter and ordering for Sebastian. This group of girls was sitting at a table a few feet away from where we were standing, and I watched out of the corner of my eye as the realization of who I was to Harry, and consequently to them, dawned on them. In the time it took for me to get everyone's orders done and paid for, meet the twins at the table they saved for us (which happened to be maybe two tables away), and get our orders, the group of girls had looked over a number of times. I finally gave them a shy wave and a smile, which must have seemed like an invitation to them because soon after they'd gotten up and made their way over.

I was a little nervous. I'd been approached a couple of times before, but that was when I was on my own, or with Harry. At that moment, though, I was with my siblings, my youngest siblings at that. As I saw the girls approach our table, I felt this sense of older-sister protectiveness wash over me. I quickly turned to Sebastian and made sure he was actually eating and not making a mess and moved so that he was blocked from their view a little. By the time I'd sorted out a small bit of ketchup on my brother's cheek, the girls were at our table.

It was clear that while they had mustered up the courage to walk over, there wasn't much left to say hello. I was about to take the pressure off and say hi to them, but Sebastian beat me to it. "Do I know you?" Sebby asked, nothing but innocent curiosity in his voice.

"Sebastian! Be nice, dude," Rox scolded, nudging him on the shoulder, which got her a nudge back from him.

"Don't mind them," I say jokingly, my best comforting smile on my face. "Hi, I'm Luz it's nice to meet you."