27.

this is a double update. please read part 26 first. enjoy!xx

"Why is the mermaid not wearing any seashells?"

I slowly blink open my eyes, trying to rid them of sleep. When I finally wake up enough to be aware of my surroundings, I see Sebastian standing over Harry and me on the couch, Marissa sitting on the floor next to him.

"What did you say, Sebby?" I ask him, not sure if I heard him correctly the first time.

My brother pokes Harry's arm where his mermaid tattoo sits. "His mermaid, Luz. She's not wearing any seashells."

I rest my head against Harry's chest, trying not to laugh because Sebastian sounds serious, and he doesn't like being laughed at when he's asking his serious questions. When I look over to Harry, his eyes are closed, but there's a faint smile on his lips. He was awake, waiting to see how this plays out.

"Good question, bud. I think Harry's tattoo artist just forgot them. A silly mistake, that's all." Luckily for me, Sebastian deems my answer suitable, nodding his head like the world's greatest question has been answered.

I don't have my watch on, and my phone is just out of reach, but I can tell by the way the sun is breaking through my curtains in the living room that it's at least late morning. "Guys, why don't you wake your sisters up," I say to the littles, trying to get them out of my hair for a few minutes so that I can wake up properly.

Marissa and Sebastian don matching mischievous grins and scuttle off to my room where I'm sure Rox and Julia are without a doubt are still sleeping. I rest my head back on Harry's chest, releasing an exasperated sigh. "You're killing me, Smalls."

"Good morning to you too," Harry says, his eyes partly opened.

"Shut up," I reply, a mock pout on my lips.

I can feel Harry's chest rise and fall rapidly from his quiet laughter. His hands move from their position around my waist to travel along the sides of my body, creating goosebumps as they go. "Someone woke up grumpy this morning, which is understandable seeing as you were up quite early this morning."

"I don't know what you're talking about," I object, feigning innocence. Moving the slightest bit, I nuzzle into his neck, kissing the sensitive skin there.

Harry's hands become a little more purposeful in their wandering, one hand moving to run through my hair while the other travels south and lands on my backside.

"I know what you're doing, and it's not working," he says.

"Really?" I ask, pausing my attack on his neck. "I'd say it's working a little."

I give my hips the slightest shift, smirking at the little hiss Harry lets out. Part of me regrets the subtle movement because I immediately feel my hip tense up, still not at all recovered from my run this morning. I mask my wince by trailing more kisses along his neck and collar bone, focusing on him and not the pain that returned now that I was more awake.

"That's not fair," Harry practically whines. "I woke up like that and you're using it against me."

An amused look flickers on my face at Harry's admission. "Kiss?" I ask, puckering my lips slightly. Harry obliges, pecking my lips softly before expertly flipping us over so that I'm resting underneath him. His movements seem a little too agile for someone who just woke up, but I don't question it.

Harry looks at me with an amused smirk of his own. "Now, are you going to tell me why you were up so early and what you were up to?"

I shrug, perhaps a little petulantly. "You can't make me."