Epilogue

this chapter has been edited and updated. enjoy!xx

march 2021

"Alright, Harry, let's see it," Luz called out from where she was sitting on their bed. She was sitting with Harry Lambert as her Harry did his final fitting for one of his Grammy outfits. Neither Harry Lambert or Harry her boyfriend told her much, but they were both eager to show Luz what they had planned for the award show.

Harry, who was in the connecting bathroom, straightened the feather boa at his neck, feeling nervous to show Luz all of a sudden. He didn't think she would make fun of him for his and Lambert's choice in outfit, it was more about wanting to put his best foot forward the night of the Grammy's.

"Harry?" Luz called, her voice a little closer then it was before, and he could tell that she was right up against the door.

Shaking his head as he looked himself in the mirror, he pushed all his worries away. "I'm coming."

Luz hastily sat down when she heard the knob of the door turn. Harry stepped out of the bathroom, and Luz felt her mouth go dry.

Leather. From head to toe, Harry was dressed in leather. And if that wasn't enough, he didn't have a shirt underneath his suit.

"So? What do you think?"

Luz blinked, so lost in her own thoughts she barely registered Harry's question. Her eyes falling  to the butterfly on Harry's torso, she blushed and raised her eyes back to his face. Harry could practically see the thoughts running through her mind, and he gave her a knowing smile.

"You look..." Luz started, trying to find her voice despite her muddled thoughts. "You look awesome, baby. Like a rockstar."

Not even realizing that they were so tense, Harry felt his shoulders relax at Luz's words. He was confident enough in himself to know that he looked good, but hearing it from Luz made it ten times better. That and the way her eyes kept looking him up and down like all she wanted to do was rip his leather suit off. It left him feeling rather smug, if he was honest.

Lambert seemed to read the steadily growing tension in the room, could see the satisfied little smirk Harry was wearing. He'd known Harry for quite some time now, and something he enjoyed doing was taking him down a few pegs.

"Don't worry, darling" Lambert said, playfully pinching Luz's cheek. "Harry's going to drop dead when he sees you in the look we've put together, hm?"

Harry's heart skipped a beat at the anticipation. While Luz was okay with waiting until the day of to hear his music or see Harry in a red carpet look, Harry was terribly impatient. For weeks, he'd been looking over Luz's shoulder as she messaged Lambert and tried to coax what she was wearing out of  her, but his persistence only made her want to keep it a secret even more.

It was Luz's turn to smirk at Harry, thankful that Lambert had stepped in before her boyfriend got the chance to tease her. Despite not having a love for fashion the way Harry did, she was actually really excited about the look she and Lambert put together. Looking at Harry now, Luz realized Lambert had made it so that they would match. She wouldn't be wearing leather, but it was still quite similar.

Harry looked like he wanted to ask more about what Luz would be wearing, but after trying and trying with no results, he eventually gave up and settled for being surprised on the night of the Grammy's.

A few weeks later, Harry, Luz, Lambert, and a plethora of other people were buzzing around their bedroom with makeup brushes and blow dryers and feather boas. An assistant helped Luz into a pair of heels that felt like they could break her ankle if she wasn't careful, but even she couldn't deny that they were absolutely to die for.