Chapter 14- 'The One And Only'

"Ian?!" I asked, not believing what my eyes were telling me. He stumbled in, and fell to the floor. I rushed over to him. "Jared, a little help?" I asked, gesturing to my fallen brother.

"Oh. What? Oh, yeah sure," he walked over and picked him up. I ran upstairs to Ian's room. I got the bed ready, as Jared set him on the bed I felt his forehead. It was hot. I ran into his bathroom, grabbed a bowl of cold water, a washcloth, and a thermometer. I opened Ian's mouth and took his temperature. The thermometer read 103 degrees Fahrenheit. 

I dipped the washcloth in the water, wrung it out and placed in on his head. "That's it I'm calling Aunt Elle," I said.

"No," Ian said weakly, making it sound like a whisper.

"Look at you," I gestured to him with my hands. "You can't even speak!" I grabbed his cell phone off of the nightstand, dialed Aunt Elle's number and pushed call. 

"Hello?" she answered. 

"Hi, Aunt Elle," I greet.

"Huh! Kenzi is that you?" 

"Yeah and Ian isn't feeling well and needs you're help." 

"I'm on my way, Sweetie," she says.

"She's on her way," I say to Ian.

"Why would you do that?!" he asks weakly.

"Cause your hurt," I say in a duh tone.

"Call her back, tell her I'm fine," he orders.

"Not happening."

"Ugh," he yells in defeat.

"I need coffee," I say. I run downstairs to the coffee machine. Taped to the side is a piece of paper reading: 

'Kenzi,

'Well done. You got rid of Aaron, and you got back Ian. But, there is something you forgot. Have you not realized, that I don't lose I have a plan, and if that plan fails, which it rarely ever  does, I have a perfect back up plan. Ian may have escaped, but I expected it. I expect everything, everything is a possibility. It can always happen, remember it. Keep your mind and options back in order.

'Back to business, I have come to the conclution that you are becoming way to easy to get. And I want a challenge, therefore, I am warning you. My next attack will be in two days.

'Keep you options open, it would be awful if something happened to Ian...... agian. I could always be alittle early or late. Don't forget. Might as well put a reminder on your phone....... Oh wait I already did that.'

My phone dings and I pull it out. Across the screen reads DON'T FORGET! I read on:

'I could come through a window, or while your asleep. Don't worry, Princess, if I get you I will spare everyone else. Only one question to ask yourself. 'Me or my friends and family?' I would think it would be easy but I was obiously wrong. Don't worry. I'll see you soon. 

                                                                                                        The one and only, 

                                                                                                                                                Alec Gray'

"Why in hell would he want to kidnap me? I didn't do anything!" I tell myself.

My phone dings, I pull in out, New Message from 'The One And Only,' {A/N: 'The One And Only' id Alec, my confused little readers! Okay ttyl!} 'Of course you didn't do anything,' It reads, 'But it's what your parents did before they died. And you're pretty which is a plus!' 

I open my mouth to yell for Jared, but my phone dings again. 'New Message from 'The One And Only,' It reads, 'I wounldn't do that if I were you. Whoever you tell, dies.'

"How can you kill people, it's inhuman!' I text back. 

'Whoever said I was human?' 

'You're a monster!'

'I never said I wasn't.'

I put my phone on the counter and make my coffee. You know that feeling you get when someones watching you, well thats how it felt to make my coffee. I walk over to the window and close the blinds. My phone goes off and it says I have another text from Alec. 'That isn't going to make a difference I'm in the house.' I grab my hot carmal coffee and run upstairs to Ian and Jared. 

"What took you so long?" Jared asks.

"Nothing," I lie, they can never know about the conversation I just had with Alec. 

"You're lying," Ian says. "Did you see Alec, talk to him, anything."

I swallow a lump in my throught. "Shit."

A/N: Short chapter, but you can all blame @funnygurlz, she rushed me!

Next update 

55 votes

and 

45 comments. 

@funnygurlz does NOT count! 

VOTE! ;P

COMMENT! :D

FAN! :]

-A 

P.S. Chapter's quote, "You want weapons? We're in a library! BOOKS! THE BEST WEAPONS IN THE WORLD!" 

P.P.S.  Hint: Said by a wise man. 

P.P.P.S.  Read my other book, 'Unknow To The World'.

Bye my little readers.