Chapter 3- The Basement

Jace stood up, grabbed my hand, and bolted to a rug.

"Why are you-" I started.

"Shut up," he interrupted.

"But-" I started again, not getting anywhere, obviously.

"Shut your pretty mouth, Kenzi. As much as it pains me to say this, I will smash your pretty face in," he was so serious. I thought it best to leave the matter alone. Mostly 'cause he was terrified, and that can't equal good.

He pulled the rug over revealing a hidden door.

"Ladies first," he smirked, waving his hand towards the door.

"Why are guys always gentlemen, when it benefits them?" I mumbled.

"Bite me," he smirked.

"Pass," I did my cockiest smirk, walking by him to go through the trapdoor on the floor.

"You know you want to," he did an innocent grin.

I was climbing down so I just flipped him off. He gave me an "oh, you did not just do that" look. So I gave him an "oh, yes I did" look.

"Oh, you're going to get it, Kenzi," that cocky smirk would just not go away. I was almost at the bottom so I let go. Next he jumped the seven feet which was easy for him considering he was about 6" 2'.

"I'm not getting 'it' now am I?" I asked backing away slowly. 

"There's never been a better time," Jace whispered charging at me. I quickly turned around and ran, but he was faster than me. So, he grabbed me by the waist and spun me around, while tickling me.

"Put me down," I gasped, loudly.

"Nah, I'm good," he said, mocking me.

"Don't mock me!" I whisper-yelled. He put me down, as I started to walk away Jace started tickling my  waist and I fell to the ground, laughing, of course.

"Don't tell me what to do," he whispered in my ear.

"Jace!" Alec's voice echoed in the small room we were in.

I gasped. Jace jumped up at the mention of his name. I got up after he started running away, and ran after him. "Kenzi, we have to go through the window," Jace nodded towards the window.

"I'm not going through a window, Jace," I scowled.

"You have two options, go through the window, or stay here and get captured by Alec," he said,even though he new which one I would pick. "Come on, I'll give you a boost."

I walked over to him. He had his hands folded so I could easily step onto them, I stepped on them and he boosted me up through  the window.

"Jace! Stop you can't hide her forever!" Alec yelled, running after him.

"Watch me," Jace said, flipping him off.

A/N: Thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed. If things don't seem blended well, I'm so sorry I'm only twelve. But, it's pretty good for a twelve year old, right?

COMMENT

VOTE

-ABY!