Chapter 20

coping methods

Blurriness started blocking my vision as I tried blinking to see clearly again

Blurriness started blocking my vision as I tried blinking to see clearly again. Chan though? Why were they together?  Almost one million questions were floating around my head as I stared at this one photo. My mind thought back to when Caleb mentioned Hyunjin's name when he first saw me. Something was really strange about all of this. They had their arms around each other, as if they were close, but... how come I didn't even know they were friends? Surely something must have happened to them.

"Y/n?" My hand quickly pressed down on the photo in shock making it lay flat on the shelf.

"Mm?-"

"I got the cleaning stuff but, what did you just knock down?"

"Hmm? Oh nothing don't worry about it." My arm wiped across my eyes making them a little red but hopefully it wasn't too obvious. He had got in his hands some spray and a few dusters and cloths.

"Here pass me one of them, we need to start with your desk and shelves."

He chucked me a duster and also one of the bottles of polish, which I immediately started to use on his wooden desk. First I wiped the dust off with an old cloth but soon started to buff it up with the polish.

"Do you think we should ask your mom to clean your bedsheets?" I asked him and he stood thinking about it for a moment.

"Yeah okay, you keep cleaning I will go ask her to come up."

"Okayy."

When he had left, I walked over to the shelf again picking back up that photograph. Just to have one last look at it to try and make sense of it in my head. I pulled it out the shelf and started to pick up my bag so that I could work it out later. I started to put it in when a sudden hand rested on top of mine causing me to jump.

"Y/n, I knew you had found something, I'm not stupid."

Hyunjin now crouched down next to me while his hand was still placed on mine causing mine to tingle.
"I- don't worry, it's nothing."

His hand now wrapped around mine dragging it carefully out of my bag as my fingers still clutched to the photograph. With his other hand he took the photograph out of my hands and he turned it over looking at it.

"Why are you so interested with this one?" When I looked up I gasped suddenly seeing his heavy tears falling from his red eyes.

"Oh... no reason."

"No Y/n, WHY DO YOU WANT THIS." he screamed and I noticed he was starting to shake a little. My whole body tensed up and I fell back a little, why was he getting so worked up over a photograph. To my horror, he gripped it and slung it across the room as it hit the wall smashing all the glass. The noise was deafening causing my whole body to shake.