Chapter 1

New Beginnings

"I'm sorry, but I don't think that we are working

"I'm sorry, but I don't think that we are working."

The words shattered through me sharply as I sat up straighter in my chair and leaned in closer to the man in front of me. Instantly, I found myself trying to blink away the water that was suddenly appearing, blocking my vision. My brain almost couldn't comprehend the sentence, It had came from nowhere.

"Y..y-you mean you want to break u..u-up with me?" I asked shocked, eyes wide and on the verge of tears. He just nodded and quickly chugged down the rest of his coke seemingly unbothered which pulled at my heart further.

"Let's not see each other again." He stood up and grabbed his belongings. It took me a moment to take it all in but I quickly pushed back my chair as I stood up and went to grab his hand.

"Channie, tell me this is a joke. Just sit back down please." I asked shaking his arm trying to pull him back down. Instead though he just pushed me off and when I looked up to his face it was the most emotionless look I had ever witnessed from him and it hurt. It hurt badly.

I saw the back of his curly hair for a final time, as he opened the door to the restaurant and walked out letting the door slam behind him. As soon as he was gone I collapsed in my chair and I immediately let my head fall into my arms to let all my emotions out.

What had I even done wrong?

It was so sudden and it felt as if he wasn't just joking around with me. Slowly, I wandered back home and put the keys into my apartment door, walking inside. At least we never moved in together. I thought. It's always best to look at some sort of positive side.

6 months later.

It was a hard day for me. I had just got back from work and I was shattered. Everything had been going wrong. I had been fired from my job in the care home because apparently someone had complained about me for being rude to a customer. I slumped down on the sofa and turned the tv on. I sighed. Even my delivery is late.

I want my pizza.

It must have been at least an hour later when I finally heard the ringing of my doorbell. Later, I would have to take note of where I ordered from and keep a mental note not to order from there again. I grabbed my keys which was on a shelf near the door then I quickly unlocked the door.

Immediately, I was met with a face of a guy who looked very familiar. But I couldn't place it. But he kept his head down so I couldn't see his eyes very clearly.

"Where are the pizzas then?" I asked him up front.

"I'm not delivering anything." A frail voice stated as he carried on looking down at the ground making him hard to read.

"Yah, then who are you?" I asked annoyed. Clearly because my pizza had not arrived and it wasn't even an hour late, It was going to be longer.

His face quickly looked up and my eyes met his.