Chapter 19

fresh starts

The next day

The next day.

Shutting the door on Hyunjin's cell without him still in it, made me feel almost accomplished. He would be finally free from this place. I had woke up earlier than usual to help him with all of his paperwork, they needed his doctor to sign him out. He lent over the reception desk and took hold of the pen signing on the line on the piece of papers. 

Jisung was also leaning up against the wall and I was completely ignoring him. Not until Chan was back. I was not going to forgive him. He was just standing and watching Hyunjin as he now turned looking sweetly up to me handing me the black ink pen.

"You have to sign here." Hyunjin pointed to the line next to his and i took the pen quickly off him.

"Y/n I-"

"I'm not in a talking mood right now Jisung." my angry tone called out cutting him off. "If it is important just text me later." I then soon said feeling a little bad. 

I saw Hyunjin look between us with a confused expression but he chose to not say anything which i think was for the best. Taking my time, I made sure that my signature was neat and firm on the paper.

"There, all signed."

My cool hands rested on the surface of the counter as Hyunjin passed the document to Jisung.

"Am I free to go?" He asked with a little excitement in his tone and Jisung slowly nodded as he made and quickly broke eye contact with me. 

Changbin, Seungmin and Jeongin were all waiting around to watch Hyunjin finally leave this place. I smiled at them as Hyunjin suddenly gripped to my sleeve as he started to make his way out of the asylum doors.

"Y/n's coming with me for today." Hyunjin firmly said to them and I noticed changbin laughing.

"Okay, okay. Y/n, Hyunjin obviously likes you more than us so, have the day off and help him move in. Tomorrow you can start and we will see you about your next patient."

"Okay sounds good, thank you." I replied to him and looked towards a car that had just pulled up. Then I saw a Woman in her mid thirties rushing towards us and she held Hyunjin by his two arms looking at him.

"It's been too long." She whimpered as she then immediately took Hyunjin in her warm arms. "They wouldn't let me visit you, I'm sorry." She must be his mother... or maybe aunty.

"It's okay mom." He hugged her back now as his head rested on her shoulder, it must have been heartbreaking for the both of them.

Soon, they parted a bit and her attention was suddenly on me.
"Are you his doctor?" She asked and her eyes still looked glossy.

My head just simply nodded and she immediately wrapped her own arms around my waist causing me to quickly hold my breath out of shock.

"Thank you, Thank you so much. I can't thank you enough." Her head was on my shoulder and I was still a little shocked by her sudden actions.