Chapter 28

onto the next

Chan's body was still laying there seemingly lifeless when Jisung rushed up to his body asking Hyunjin to help him sling him over his back

Chan's body was still laying there seemingly lifeless when Jisung rushed up to his body asking Hyunjin to help him sling him over his back. The room was dark, while lights were flicking, just the atmosphere in here was enough to make you want to find the nearest exit.

"Well? What are we waiting for."

I hesitated, too many impulsive thoughts were rushing through my mind. Although I had to help I felt restricted and a potential problem for everybody. Hopefully even if I did turn back to Sungmi, she would sense the urgency in our situation too, and help.

Hyunjin knelt on his knees next to Jisung resting Chan up against the wall.

"I might be okay but if not be prepared to hold the weight of his legs." Jisung spoke out as Hyunjin helped Chan's body cling around Jisung's back.

I opened the door and looked outside to see if she was coming but for some reason there was still no sign of her. It almost left an eerie sinking feeling within me. There was obviously video cameras placed all around this building, maybe she was watching us; Or maybe she truly had no idea.

"Okay." Jisung walked first out the door as I followed after Hyunjin had gone through.

"How do we get out of here?" I asked a little unsure how we had reached here as all corridors looked the same.

"This way, I'm confident." Jisung had a steady pace although he momentarily had to stop so that he could pull Chan's body back up tightly. The weight of him with his broken handcuffs too must be extortionate. It almost pulled another hidden memory back to mind but I lost it as Hyunjin slowed down his pace.

"What's wrong?" I asked and it caused us all to come to a stop as we looked around.

"I wasn't going to mention anything but,"

"What is it?" Jisung now asked a little tired which was displayed clearly on his face.

"I saw that lady with a keycard, what if she has locked us in this place."

"Jisung, watch out." I called and I pointed to in front of us where two workers in the white coats had turned the corner and were walking now towards us with confused expressions.

"Dammit." he muttered and he looked around for any options we had.

"Excuse me." I took a deep breath seeing that they didn't look hostile and I came prepared to make up a story. I walked towards them slightly and smiled.

"We were going to put this patient away, but we've lost our keycard."

They looked at each other and back at Chan.

"I've never seen you before?" They spoke and they started to walk a step towards me when I decided that plan B would clearly now be better.

I kicked the one in the leg in a place which caused them to instantly fall in pain and Jisung clearly saw the expression on my face. So before the other could react Jisung ran with Chan on his back straight into the other worker causing them to fall on top of the other. I grabbed Jisung's arm though to steady him so that he didn't fall too.

Hyunjin knocked the one on top over the head with a hardback book which he'd found on the shelf and their head fell now onto the other body who became trapped under them.

"Quickly grab their keycard." I muttered and he found it as we began to run quicker in the direction Jisung led in.

Corridor after corridor passed us and soon we came to the door we first came through. We had made it, although it seemed too good to be true, no sign of the woman.

"When do you think Chan will wake up?" I asked and they shrugged.

"Sungmi would be the one with the best idea of that."

"Right of course." I sighed and looked one last time to the right seeing the darkness that this corridor was so full of. The lights were only on sensors so the only portion of light that we had were the ones directly above us.

"Does the door need the keycard like we thought?" I asked and Hyunjin pulled it out examining it before pressing it to the keypad positioned on the inside.

Shortly after followed a beeping sound and the door opened easily, allowing us to leave with Chan. My head still hadn't wrapped it's way around it all. It was confusing to keep swapping out of consciousness.

"Now to get far away from here." I muttered.

A sudden high pitched noise echoed out behind us as the dark area turned to a deep red colour lighting up the entirety of the carpark area and the monumental building behind us.

"His cuff around his ankle, I should have known." Jisung cursed and he started running towards the car, "Hyunjin, Y/n, run quick." He shouted behind him as I was in too much shock to move.

"Y/n, come on." He urgently called and my legs did what he said without my brain thinking about it.

"Hyunjin I feel weird." I spoke out to tell him of my weird feeling within me. I felt dazed and tired. I couldn't think much more about it though as I had already gotten into the back seat of the car. Jisung was in the front seat and now Chan was resting peacefully next to me. I allowed my heart to slow down as Hyunjin sat next to Jisung in the front. I watched through the back window as masses of uniformed people started chasing us with loud noises of guns following us as Jisung slammed on the accelerator.

"They're clearly in the wrong by law, we aren't in the wrong are we?" My hesitant voice asked and I looked at how many of them there were.

"They were trying to kill Chan, of course they're in the wrong."

I looked over again at Chan and I rested my hand onto his, even though he was asleep, I had missed his presence the most.

Shouting from the front made it harder to keep my energy stable as their voices were more panicked and loud. My head rested down onto Chan's lap while my seatbelt just about allowed me of this.

"Y/n, are you okay?"
The voices started fading out, my body couldn't cope with it, it was too tired. But just before I finally went I felt Chan's hand squeeze mine, he was waking up soon.

Author's Pov:

Jisung swung the car right, and a couple of lefts, thankfully the people chasing them was not in vehicles and by the time he had drove the car a few miles away nobody of threat was in sight, just a couple of gun shots through the paintwork. But Jisung didn't stop for a long while.

Y/n had passed out on Chan's lap and Hyunjin watched as both of them slept peacefully. They both had such a rare disorder yet they were both together. But the more he thought about it, he realised the same terrifying thought. If Y/n stays the main host, he'd never be able to date Sungmi ever again. Although he had grew fond of Y/n, his heart still ached for Sungmi. He didn't want the friend who betrayed him to steal his girlfriend again.

"I'll keep you the main host Sungmi." He muttered into the back quietly so that Jisung didn't hear, but the thing he wasn't aware of was that Chan was awake, and he had heard both the conversation back in the lab and the thing Hyunjin had just muttered and he was adamant that he would never let it happen. He had now learnt that Y/n had the same condition as him. But Y/n was his girlfriend now, despite the past, and he was determined to make it stay that way.