Chapter 7

Distant Return

My eyes studied the figure who had finally let me out of his grip

My eyes studied the figure who had finally let me out of his grip. His face looked sleep deprived, as if he'd been struggling recently. Suddenly my head started to hurt a little as even more memories started to come back. This was the first part of my old memories that had came back to me. Before this, I could only remember waking up to see Chan telling me that he was my boyfriend.

"H-han Jisung?" I felt my heart beating inside my chest so fast. If my memory had remembered correctly this man was my brother. The brother who I thought had died but then forgotten about. "It is you! Jisung, I assumed you had died too, in fact i'd been suffering with memory loss, but you just helped me remember things again."

He ignored what I said and wrapped his arms fully around me once again. I fell back a bit and wetness fell down my face. My hands moved around his back and I stayed in the hug.

———————

Flashback: (memories that had came back)

———————

"Doo you like my new car?"

I looked up and saw Jisung showing me a picture of a car on his phone. It was white, cleaner than most cars but it also had an expensive shine.

"It's nice! How much was it? Can you even afford that?!"

"Dad bought it me." He gave me a smug but happy smile as I rolled my eyes.

"He always gets you something."

Jisung walked up to me and patted my back.
"He will get you things when you're older."

"What do you mean older? Jisung I'm literally 20."

"How about this, I'll take you a ride around town in it?"

Although I was a little upset I hadn't got a car, my eyes still lit up and smiled at him. At least he was happy.

"Really? When?"

"Well.. right now if you want. Dad's out at a friends." I looked at his bright smile with his cheeks showing; how could I say no to him.

"Okay then, lets go!" I smiled and followed him into the garage. He unlocked the car as I admired how nice the frame and paintwork was.
"Woah..."

"You like it?" He brushed a hand across the roof of his car looking at it with pride.

"It's much better in person~"

"Get in"

I got in the passenger seat as he got in the driver seat and when he pressed a button, the garage door come up letting us exit safely, I could already hear the rain pouring.

"Oh.. its raining.. should we go tomorrow instead?" I asked him looking at his unbothered face.

"Nah its only a bit of rain we will be fine."

"But it's dark too, I'd feel better if we went tomorrow."

"Stop being so worrisome. It will be fun."

I sighed, my hands clutching to the seat. My older brother always got his own way. Subconsciously I found myself digging my nails into my palms out of anxiety.

"Fine."

The lights lit up the small space around us and I could hear his music start to play through the speakers.

"Aren't the seats really nice!" He laughed while saying.

"Where are we going to go?"
He turned to me and looked like he was thinking.
"I will just take you around the roads and then we can get back."

"Oh alright, thats fine."

The rain was coming harsh and sounded quite strong.
"Are you sure you can see okay? Its quite dark." I shouted over his music.

"Yeah, its fine. Not many cars are on the road today anyways."

I stayed in silence still worrying for what might happen. I was trying my best to have fun.

"Is there anything coming from the left?"

I opened my eyes quickly and I looked left.
"I can't really see!" The fog and rain had covered the streets entirely.

"Okay. We will be fine."
I looked quickly at him as if he'd gone mad.
"What?!"
I screamed as he pulled out of the road and suddenly I heard a smash and i felt a-lot of instant pain. All I could see was the world spinning. I saw blood and my neck turned to see my brother hanging lifeless. My eyes closed and all I felt was pain.

Present:

He stopped hugging me and he stood back up straightening out his shirt.
"I'm so sorry for what I did." He hung his head low now and my heart clenched. It was true that he caused the accident but he must have felt so guilty, waking up to find me not next to him anymore.

"Let's forget about it now. We're both okay."

"You must be 24 now!" He changed the subject instantly taking me up on my advice.

I smiled as I looked him in the eye.
"You still remember."

"Of course I do, I counted every birthday. I have missed you so much." The bell for lunch period over rang out and I looked down at the floor.

"Lunch is now over." Changbin stated. I laughed. Like we didn't know. I thought.

"Have my number, I just can't believe this is really happening." His eyes were still wet as he passed me a piece of paper.

"Text me your address later."

I smiled as I watched him leave, the familiarity of it fully coming back to my mind.

"I will do!" I called after him.

"Who was that? Your ex boyfriend?"

My eyes went wide as I turned to Seungmin.
"No no no, he is my brother. There was a car accident when I was a bit younger. I never saw him since." I looked down.

"Ohh! Oh my gosh! I am so sorry." He stated.

"No, it is fine don't worry about it, it was a long time ago now."

Filling my ears, sudden alarm bells started to ring out causing my mind to swirl into a panic. Changbin looked at me and my worried eyes begged him to explain what was happening.

"What does that mean!?"

"That could mean a number of different things." I heard his voice trying to stay calm. He ran out of the room suddenly and Seungmin chased after him. Had something really bad happened? I walked to the corridor when I saw a big warning sign hanging from the ceiling and my heart jolted.

"One of the patients have escaped, prepare to go on lockdown."