Chapter 18

release

After everyone had gone I was left sitting in the sand staring down at my hands

After everyone had gone I was left sitting in the sand staring down at my hands. So much had happened so quickly my mind needed to process it all. Jisung had tried to stay with me but I told him to go back to his home. I didn't want to speak to him right now, not yet. Finally, I left the beach and went straight back to my house. How was I meant to go into work tomorrow? My mind couldn't stop thinking about Chan and if he was okay; I missed him too much already. Those people were probably going to do so many tests on him and put him through so much trauma. What if they kill him-

I quickly stopped thinking about it and instead I then remembered what I was going to ask Felix so I called him up.

"Hey... Felix, did you get anymore information on the thing I asked you to look up." There was some noise of papers moving and he finally responded.
"Oh yeah, I will put it all on a document, I will send it to your email okay? It will have to be in a couple of days though as i'm not quite finished yet."

"Yeah that's okay. Thank you so much." He hung up quite quickly and I sighed, he must be busy. It was good of him to help me at all though. As I finished off my drink I decided to just try and get some sleep. I was going to force myself into that mental asylum tomorrow, and I was going to get Chan back, I was determined to.

Next morning

I stormed through the doors of the mental asylum and when I got to the desk my eyes glanced up at all the names. My brother hadn't come in.... Damn it.
My mind still couldn't understand how he could do that to me. Yeah a part of Chan was dangerous, but he shouldn't have to go through tests, I was so worried. No human should have to undergo human experiments for data.

Trying to forget about it for a bit I signed in and walked straight to Minho's office.

"Oh Y/n... you're back."

Keeping it brief I just nodded and looked down at the floor.
"Sorry there was a hold but your own office is finally ready."
He pressed a button asking for Changbin to come in again. Soon the door swung open and he gave me a little smile.

"Hey Y/n." He whispered so I smiled at him back, I hadn't seen him in a few days.

"Changbin could you take her to her new office please?"

"Oh of course yeah, she's going to love it."

"Oh, and also.." Changbin stopped turning back around to look at Minho.

"Tell her the good news."

He nodded and he grabbed my arm gently for me to follow him. Now I was curious as to what this good news was. When we reached outside Minho's office, the door was shut I looked forward at Changbin.

"What good news?"

"One of your patients is being let out tomorrow."

"Wait- let out as in.. released from this place?!"He quickly nodded with a small smile hanging there.